supplement doses

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

supplement doses

Post by Grizz »

wondering specifically about quantities of zinc and vit C, D3, etc. or perhaps proportions.
supplements.jpg
in addition to two of these tablets I add vita C and vita D3. I wonder if more zinc would be more better. I took 3 of those tablets yesterday and it seems like maybe it helped clear my sinuses. or not, idk.

thoughts? thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: supplement doses

Post by AJMD429 »

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Don't overlook the value of Guaifenesin. Helps a bunch to help thin out and cough up chest congestion.
I also have suburb results from rubbing in white Tiger Balm with a few drops of DMSO on chest and neck along the ear tubes. Plus all the other vitamins and zinc.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

got it thanks
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Too many supplements, or too much of certain supplements, just results in expensive urine.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

marlinman93 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:54 am Too many supplements, or too much of certain supplements, just results in expensive urine.
details please . . .
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Grizz wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:11 pm
marlinman93 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:54 am Too many supplements, or too much of certain supplements, just results in expensive urine.
details please . . .
Water soluble supplements will pass when the body absorbs a certain amount. Oil soluble, like Vit A can cause problems if you take too much.
I always takes meds and supplements after my first meal. You can give yourself ulcers and esophageal erosions taking that stuff on an empty stomach.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

details please . . .
Your digestive system can only absorb a certain amount of what you put in it. I've been told by my doc that taking too much simply results in a certain amount not being absorbed, so the excess leaves your body unused. So need to be sure the supplements you take are in amounts your body can absorb, or you're wasting money taking more than that.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

marlinman93 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:14 am
details please . . .
Your digestive system can only absorb a certain amount of what you put in it. I've been told by my doc that taking too much simply results in a certain amount not being absorbed, so the excess leaves your body unused. So need to be sure the supplements you take are in amounts your body can absorb, or you're wasting money taking more than that.
As I correctly stated, taking your meds and supplements after a meal will result in more being absorbed. :roll:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Generally agree with what is being said. Solution is whether or not supplements are water or fat soluble. B and C, water soluble, no problem. Fat soluble vitamins need food with them to best absorb about an hour after ingestion is optimal from what I remember. Vitamin D is fat soluble. Need some fat food to absorb I think. Zinc is easily absorbable by the body when paired with a chelated ingredient for easier absorption. Doc's here on the forum, I am not one of them, but please advise. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

good stuff. the issue then, break doses into 12 hour sched rather than the 24Hr sched I'm using out of convenience and laziness
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Yes Grizz, that would make a lot of sense to me but I'm no doctor. I do take an herbal supplement that is recommended 2xs daily with a meal for absorption. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel