OT-Bowfishing

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
shawn_c992001
Levergunner 3.0

OT-Bowfishing

Post by shawn_c992001 »

How many on here bowfish? And what can you shoot? I like to shoot carp this time of year which are spawning. Suckers and gar are also on the list.

I use either my Hoyt Supertec or my 50# longbow with a Zebco 808 reel.
SASS#43836
Ain't easy havin' pals.
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

we used to go for suckers in march in french creek. grandmother would make fish cakes out of them. suckers are good in march , while the water is still cold, it makes thier flesh firm and sweet. the few times that i went when i got older, i smoked them and they were quite good.
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

I do carp with my recurves,
I had a black cat with yellow eyes that used to hunt & retrieve carp from the water for me.
Made the locals leery of me though
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

I shoot carp with a 45# compound bow. Sure is fun in our small creeks.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

I bowfish, I shoot a 54# longbow for carp, suckers, Rays in the bay and I have used the bow for survival fish taking in the past also. I bowfish from spring till the first day of deer archery season.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »