Coastal Alaska black bear hunting

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
ScottT
Shootist

Coastal Alaska black bear hunting

Post by ScottT »

Ok, I am thinking about doing this in the spring of 2010. Any good experiences somebody wants to share or anybody they know outfitting such hunts?
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

I can't help you with the outfitter Scott but I can tell you that once you go up, it's awful hard to come back.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Ya gonna take Kate along?
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

Sarge wrote:I can't help you with the outfitter Scott but I can tell you that once you go up, it's awful hard to come back.
I was there in 1999, spent a month sleeping on the ground. It was a little hard to come back. :D
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

I just got back about a week ago. We were up there for family (daughter about to make me a Grandpa again) so we didn't get to see as much as we would have liked to. I did see enough to convince me that I'm going back for a hunt, sometime in the future.

Alaska gets under your skin

I didn't mean to derail your thread. Good luck with your search for an outfitter, and with your hunt as well.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

I don't know if you want to put Kate on a kayak... :wink: Look for a PM suggestion.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Scott, you might find some info here

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/ind ... 396bbfe698

Give the main page a minute to come up, it takes a bit to completely show, but it will finally come up. There's a couple forums that don't show unless you are registered and signed in.