OT - Pelosi and Gingrich Commercial

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Kismet
Levergunner 2.0
Location: New Hampshire (wishing I could move back West, darn women)

OT - Pelosi and Gingrich Commercial

Post by Kismet »

Given that we recently had a Newt Gingrich thread and we have the global warming thread, I was wondering if anyone else has seen what I just saw...

Nancy Pelosi and Newt Gingrich sitting together with the capitol building in the background talking about that although they might not always see eye to eye, they agree that America must do something about global climate change!

The commercial was for http://www.wecansolveit.org.

Michael in NH
"The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." -- John Steinbeck
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

There's another with Al Sharpton and Pat Roberts (IIRC)
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
bunklocoempire
Senior Levergunner

Post by bunklocoempire »

Aye, "Repubs" vs. Dems, smoke & mirrors people, smoke & mirrors. :?

Bunkloco
“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance, once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it.” Ron Paul
brucew44guns
Senior Levergunner

Post by brucew44guns »

Good to see that Newt and Nancy are getting to know each other and get along so well, might make it easier for them to work together in harmony to screw over the American people.
To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms.
Outlaw Josey Wales

Member GOA
NRA Benefactor-Life
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Lets see... Europe is in the process of being absorbed by the Caliphate, Athiest China is becoming a (very smoky) World Economic Power that will border (and be in opposition to) that Caliphate, and we're trying to shut our economy and means of food production down... (in part to produce an innefficient fuel that, in the balance, as a net INCREASE in unfixed CO2) just in time to watch Caliphate Europe, ME/North Africa/Pakistan take on China/India in a theopolitcal smackdown.

Leaving the Americas with No Oil, no food, and virtually no light industry.

I just love watching mass suicide. :roll:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Another solid conservative lost to the dark side. Will it ever end? :(
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Watching Pelosi and Gingrich get together to gush pseudo-scientific propaganda reminds me of those aunts and uncles from childhood warning me about "The Boogerman".

He's gonna get you.

This simply cements, in my mind, the fact that these seemingly vastly different veins of power all come together at some point and form a single political class that has but one purpose; to instill a deep fear of the dark or the unknown, and from there, to rule over us all.

Their plan is to create an insurmountable problem, and then save us from it. Of course, in order for them to save us, we'll have to do as they tell us. And after they've saved us from ourselves, they'll tell us all about it, complete with details of their great sacrifices and personal heroics. It will probably be an election year.

Political liars spouting political lies.

It's gonna get you

:roll: :lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
rock-steady
Levergunner 2.0

Post by rock-steady »

Just look at ther eyes......flat and dull like a shark...or an extraterrerestial.... :shock:
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

You know what would be ironic, if the only thing holding off the next ice age was all the greenhouse gasses we put into the atmosphere :lol:

Seiously though, whether or not man made global warming is real, there are about a billion other reasons to come up with an alternative, not the least of which being so that we don't have to rely on a bunch of greedy despotic camel . . . um . . . lovers.

Also, there is exhaust from burning fossile fuels. If you wouldn't want it in your living room, should it really be going into the atmosphere? There is more to pollution than global warming.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Jason_W wrote:You know what would be ironic, if the only thing holding off the next ice age was all the greenhouse gasses we put into the atmosphere :lol:

Seiously though, whether or not man made global warming is real, there are about a billion other reasons to come up with an alternative, not the least of which being so that we don't have to rely on a bunch of greedy despotic camel . . . um . . . lovers.

Also, there is exhaust from burning fossile fuels. If you wouldn't want it in your living room, should it really be going into the atmosphere? There is more to pollution than global warming.
Been there, done that. The book is by Pournelle, Niven & Flynn and is called "Fallen Angels".

Kind of dorky story, but the politics involved is pure AlGore.
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Jason_W
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jason_W »

Old Ironsights wrote:
Jason_W wrote:You know what would be ironic, if the only thing holding off the next ice age was all the greenhouse gasses we put into the atmosphere :lol:

Been there, done that. The book is by Pournelle, Niven & Flynn and is called "Fallen Angels".

Kind of dorky story, but the politics involved is pure AlGore.
I like some Larry Niven stuff. His known Space Stories were cool, especially the Ringworld Series.

I'm generally more a fan of social science fiction than technobabble scifi, though.
My first attempt at an outdoors website: http://www.diyballistics.com
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Jason_W wrote: ...I'm generally more a fan of social science fiction than technobabble scifi, though.
Then you will like Fallen Angels.

Here's the link to the FREE Ebook.

http://www.webscription.net/10.1125/Bae ... 72052X.htm

http://www.baen.com/library/ (click on "books")

http://www.webscription.net/SendZip.asp ... 7&format=H

http://www.webscription.net/SendZip.asp ... 7&format=D
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
samsi
Levergunner 2.0

Post by samsi »

rock-steady wrote:Just look at ther eyes......flat and dull like a shark...or an extraterrerestial.... :shock:
Glad to know that I'm not the only one who noticed. :mrgreen:
dr walker
Senior Levergunner

Post by dr walker »

Dancing for dollars.....
I'd like to know how much Newt was paid for the commercial.
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Ironsights
I agree 100%.

F Wiedner
Usually I think you're "pretty far out there" :D but this time I agree 100%.
clubkey
Levergunner 1.0

Post by clubkey »

Thank you Gentlemen for all the good hardy :lol: :lol: :lol: you just provided me with. Although I probably shouldn't be laughing because what you are saying is very truthful and we are being handed another crock from our friendly Washington do-gooders. Anything to turn a buck and gain a little more control over the population through whatever means possible. You guys are just too funny though and especially you Jason with that statement, " You know what would be ironic, if the only thing holding off the next ice age was all the greenhouse gasses we put into the atmosphere." Now that's funny... :lol:
"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever." - Thomas Jefferson