Fed-Ex vs. Weatherby

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
oldgerboy
Levergunner 2.0

Fed-Ex vs. Weatherby

Post by oldgerboy »

This is not about a lever gun but still is not off topic. I just talked to the one guy at the shop. We received a Weatherby from California to do some work on. The Fed-Ex guy brought it into the shop and was looking around while Jake opened the box. Good thing he was still there. The stock was snapped in half. This was one of the "old ones" with the earlier raised comb-shinny-forend tipped stock.

We can't find any metal damage at this point but replacing that stock is going to be interesting.

We've never had a problem with any service breaking stocks before.
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Ooooh, that gonna leave a mark no matter what... :?

My two biggest fears when shipping a firearm are loss and damage. :(
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

That Stinks!!

I had a freind the received an '03 through UPS with a stock snapped at the wrist. Took six months to get them to pay off.

Seriously hoping you guys have better luck!!
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I have shipped my rifles to Mic McPherson many times. I always use an SBK hardshell case inside of a cardboard box and have never had any problems. How was this gun shipped? I'm not excusing rough handling, but just curious. If I was going to ship a fine Weatherby rifle, I would be extra careful.

-Tutt
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Local shop had a rifle come in dropped loose in a cardboard box. Some shippers are more to blame for lack of vision and/or going overboard on frugality than the carriers. However, we've seen some strange things lately from UPS (our main carrier, 100-1).
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

I got a shipment from Benelli the other day. There were two pallets of guns. One of them was the Stoeger/Uberti load and the other was the Benelli/Franchi load. They were shipped via contract truck carrier. One of the guns on the Benelli pallet was missing and the 1874 Sharps rifle had the last 12" of the box broken off. I am not very happy with Benelli right now. I am hoping that they just forgot to put the gun on the pallet. There were about 50 guns in total and it is possible they forgot. The carrier did not want to help my our.

I have had a rifle damaged by UPS in shipping a couple of years ago. The gun was shipped in a hard case and it was still damaged.