My new wildcat

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

My new wildcat

Post by GunnyMack »

After a Whoops at the press, I thought I had ruined a 41 mag. So here is my 50/41.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: My new wildcat

Post by FWiedner »

A "Whoops"?

That brass just somehow stretched up, over, and around that bullet when the press came down?

Must have been new brass and the bevel on the inside of that case was juuuust right...

:wink: :lol:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I like that and I know what I have to do today......figure out how to beat that...........stay tuned.....---------6

I love being retired.....the checks come in regular and it gives me plenty of time to engage in mindless entertainment....kind of like what my wife does on Facebook...but that facebook thing is waaayyy too mindless for me so I come on here and compete with Griff, Old Savage, and Old Win. for being the "boards mindless member". Sure is fun but Griff really gives me a run for the money...tough competitor
with all of his casting issues. :D (oh Lordy, I just pizzed all over the chair)

Anyway, back in the day when I was the head of the team designing cartridges for the CIA to be used in covert operations I came up with the second from the left------A 45 A.C.P. case that shot the Hornady 50 BMG 750 grain A-Max. Using a specially designed 1911 and 7 gr. of 4831 velocity was 17 f.p.s.and was quite a thumper. Effective range was limited to 4' but those A Max's really zipped through those turbans.

Upon returning home I decided to use my skills designing a variation of the 33 W.C.F. While deer hunting I was always wasting good ammo on foxes and other vermin so I came up with the 17-33. As my 1886 is a takedown model I had to carry an extra front half of the rifle in my back pocket so when I saw a fox, I unloaded and disassembled the rifle .....reassembled.....reloaded.....unscrewed the old tangsight and knocked out the front sight and put in different sights, then shot the fox.

After doing this for like 40 years I read where back after the turn of the century, a company made these adapters so I hunted the gunshows until I found what I needed....30-06/32 S&W.....30-40K/32 S&W....32 Spl/32 ACP......and 25-35/25 ACP. It sure saved me time and my wife did not have to keep sewing up my back pocket.

Nothing like wasting an hour on a wasteful response. Well, got to go......I have a call from the Rocket Institute for consulting.----6

Last edited by Sixgun on Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

GunnyMack wrote:After a Whoops at the press, I thought I had ruined a 41 mag. So here is my 50/41.
Ah... another of the more or less rare rounds for the Asperly Aimless
Last edited by Old Ironsights on Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Guessing you load that from the front o' the cylinder.

:lol:
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

FWiedner wrote:A "Whoops"?

That brass just somehow stretched up, over, and around that bullet when the press came down?

Must have been new brass and the bevel on the inside of that case was juuuust right...

:wink: :lol:
That's known as a "positive neck, negative shoulder, load". This patented Asperly design uses geomagnetic force manipulation to create the inverse neck and shoulder profile necessary for this equally patented caliber/cartridge.

Don't make fun of it or the Asperly Lawyers will sue Australia. (why not? they were also in charge of sending troops to Iraq after Saudis attacked the US...)
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Hey Six- was that 50 ACP a single shot or a magazine fed repeater?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

if he repeats that is has way to much time on is hands,that's a 1 shot deal if i ever seen 1.
i like the 22/45 idea of gmack the quietness of a 22 and the punch of a 45.kind of like eating soup with a fork. :lol:
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/
BrianSH
Levergunner 2.0

Post by BrianSH »

GunnyMack wrote:After a Whoops at the press, I thought I had ruined a 41 mag. So here is my 50/41.
A true Master Redneck would in-gin-ear a way of making it work!
JOHNNY WACKO
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOHNNY WACKO »

BrianSH wrote:
A true Master Redneck would in-gin-ear a way of making it work!
to shoot himself wirh :lol: :lol: :lol:
JOHNNY WACKO
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzevezzx/john ... dproducts/