Gun combo 15 of 17

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Gun combo 15 of 17

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Going to post today's installment early, as I have a feeling it is going to be "one of those days" at work (heck, I have that feeling every Monday! :( ) Back to the "traditional", as in "traditional" or "classic" lever-action. I hope you enjoy these!

Here is the Browning 1886 SRC that I purchased last year from GunBroker.com, and a Smith & Wesson Model 629 I acquired a few years ago. I had been looking for the 1886 since joining this forum - it's all your fault! Drooling over the sweet pictures posted here, and reading the great range reports, I knew I had to get one.

I stopped in one of my favorite little gun stores in the area, as I often do, just to check out anything that had come in recently. Lo and behold, this baby was sitting under the counter. I'd wanted one for years, but just had not found one at the price I was willing to pay. Patience pays off my friends, and this one followed me home that day for a song! :D

I then promptly blew the cylinder shooting some hot loads through it! :( I suspect this is why I got such a great deal on the gun, as it was "like new". The previous owner probably shot some hot stuff, couldn't handle it, didn't like the recoil, and started having the extraction problems. I contacted S&W, sent it to them, and they replaced the cylinder - for FREE! They earned back my business that day (this was after the debacle with agreeing to the Clinton extortion :evil: ).

I know - not the same caliber, nor the same manufacturer, nor the same finish, etc., etc., etc. Still, I think they make a heck of a combination! :D I had this one already set and ready to go; the timing with ScottT's post is just a happy coincidence! :D
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

Great combo -- two of my favorite guns in one pic. 8)

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

love those SRC's
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

YA KNOW
YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO PURCHACE MORE LEVERS
AND HANDGUNS TO CONTINUE THIS COMBO POST....
WHAT A GREAT PROBLEM TO HAVE! :wink: :wink:
I NEED AN WINCHESTER 1886...IN 45-70 OR 45-90..
NICE BROWNING
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Nice combo :D !Gotta luv a N frame Smith.A 1886 can't be beat either.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Andrew
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Andrew »

I like that combo. I wouldn't mind having a 629; then I would have something to trade for a SBHH. :D
ImageImage
Qui tacet consentit. (silence implies consent)
The Boring Blog
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Yep, another fine combo. :D
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I used to have a pair of the S&W 629s with 6" barrels. Never intended it that way, just happened to come across two good buys. Bought one of them for $300 and the other I paid $250. That was back in the late 80s. Unfortunately times got hard being a newly married couple and I ended up selling them at different times. I did make a nice healthy profit but now I sure wish I at least had one of them back. That Browning is sweet too. KEEP EM COMING, I am enjoying your threads!