OT: Took the plunge - NRA Life Membership started(EPL)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

OT: Took the plunge - NRA Life Membership started(EPL)

Post by Blackhawk »

Figured yall were right and can't gripe about it if I'm not willing to do something about it to change it. So after talking with my wife about it I rejoined the NRA but this time as a life membership with their easy pay life plan. So one payment down 39 more to go. One of the perks is that she'll get $10K if I pass away. Not great but not bad either.

Johnny

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Congrats and thank you :D !
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Glad to have you join us. As you know I recently got my life membership as well. I SHOULD have done it 30+ years ago as I've been an annual member that long. :roll: Felt good to me. I hope you feel that way, too.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
WinM71
Levergunner 2.0

Post by WinM71 »

Congratulations & thanks. The NRA is by far the best hope we have. I sprung for Benefactor years ago. It sure wasn't easy, but it was something I had to do.
My mind reader refuses to charge me..........

Now listen boy, I'm tryin' to teach you somethin'. That ain't an optical illusion, it only LOOKS LIKE an optical illusion.
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

It sure wasn't easy, but it was something I had to do.

Agreed. I don't know how I feel about it yet. But like has been said, no point in trying to change something you're not willing to be a part of.

Johnny

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I did the same thing other than I'm approaching the other end of the payment string. Don't remember how much I have left but it's not much.

I don't always agree with the NRA but I don't always agree with myself either.

If you don't stand for something, you don't stand for anything.
Old Law Dawg
MikeS.
Levergunner 3.0

Post by MikeS. »

So Blackhawk, how do you start?
MikeS.

Master Mason
Worshipful Master of Triluminar Lodge 117
Jefferson county, WV.
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

Hobie wrote:Glad to have you join us. As you know I recently got my life membership as well. I SHOULD have done it 30+ years ago as I've been an annual member that long. :roll: Felt good to me. I hope you feel that way, too.
SHUCKS HOBIE, I HAVE BEEN AN ANNUAL MEMBER SINCE 1958. I HAVE LOST TRACK OF THE NUMBER OF TIMES I DECIDED TO GO LIFE AND A GUN-THAT-NEEDS-BUYING WOULD COME ALONG RIGHT THEN AS IF BY MAGIC. WHY IT WAS JUST THIS MORNING...ONE LOOK AT THAT '66 YELLOWBOY SHORT RIFLE AND I WAS A GONER...
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
gregg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gregg »

Terry Murbach wrote:
Hobie wrote:Glad to have you join us. As you know I recently got my life membership as well. I SHOULD have done it 30+ years ago as I've been an annual member that long. :roll: Felt good to me. I hope you feel that way, too.
SHUCKS HOBIE, I HAVE BEEN AN ANNUAL MEMBER SINCE 1958. I HAVE LOST TRACK OF THE NUMBER OF TIMES I DECIDED TO GO LIFE AND A GUN-THAT-NEEDS-BUYING WOULD COME ALONG RIGHT THEN AS IF BY MAGIC. WHY IT WAS JUST THIS MORNING...ONE LOOK AT THAT '66 YELLOWBOY SHORT RIFLE AND I WAS A GONER...
Ya and the rest of the story ? :P Did it go home with you :twisted: :shock:

Just did the life thing few months ago. Glad I did. I added money to the pot over and above so got it paid off fast. Good on you as our friends from :D across the pond say.
El Mac
Levergunner 2.0

Post by El Mac »

Life. A good choice.... I'm saving my pennies for my boys to also have a Life Membership.
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Congrats Johnny!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

MikeS. wrote:So Blackhawk, how do you start?
Call'em on the phone and join. $25 upfront and $25 every quarter until $1000 is reached. Comes out to 40x$25 = $1000. I paid with a debit card and can set my payments up to automatic debit, that way I don't have to worry with it. Just keep track of every thing. I remember back when it was $500 or $750 telling myself I needed to join but never did.

Johnny

Blackhawk
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Blackhawk »

I don't always agree with the NRA but I don't always agree with myself either.
:D That's about it right there.
If you don't stand for something, you don't stand for anything.
I agree. Change must come from within.

Johnny

Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

gregg wrote:
Terry Murbach wrote:
Ya and the rest of the story ? :P Did it go home with you :twisted: :shock:

Just did the life thing few months ago. Glad I did. I added money to the pot over and above so got it paid off fast. Good on you as our friends from :D across the pond say.
OF COURSE IT CAME HOME WITH ME ; MY MOMMA RAISED UGLY KIDS NOT STUPID ONES !!! IT IS SO PRETTY AS TO BEGGER COMPARISON. WOOOEEE !!!
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Congrats! At some point they should decide to temp you to complete your life membership early by offering it at a significant discount. Wait for this to come, then jump on it!

That's what I did - now four times! (EPL to Life; Life to Endowment; Endowment to Patron, Patron to Benefactor):D
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

Yea I passed up on a nice NRA embossed leather jacket. Oh, well, mines paid off though, for a couple years now.

Congrats
gregg
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gregg »

handirifle wrote:Yea I passed up on a nice NRA embossed leather jacket. Oh, well, mines paid off though, for a couple years now.

Congrats
I don't remember offered anything. Only if I do card payments they give me a cap or some such thing. Got nothing for paying off early
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

DON'T FORGET YOU CAN STILL BUY A LIFE MEMBERSHIP FOR $300 ! !

All you need to do is get your credit card # or the $300 to an existing Life Member that has a credit card, so the Life Member can call the NRA and "gift" (anyone) a Life Membership for $300 & pay via credit card over the phone call.

The Lifer calling will nedd your snailmail addy & magazine choice.
Dastook
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dastook »

Well done. You have just become part of the "Solution".
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

NRA Life Endowment
SASS & CAS

Born in Idaho, the same great state Elmer Keith & Jack O'Conner lived in and loved.
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

Terry Murbach wrote:
:lol: Yeah that's my story OR I had a kid needing something, a divorce, oh and the list goes on and on. I've done it now though. :lol:
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

Congrats Pard & welcome to NRA's fire...we surely do need everyone we can get. You're right about changing the bad parts of the org. Can't do it when you're looking from the outside in. However, overall the org. has done some wonderful things..I'm with you.

Not to make anyone feel bad, I paid $150. for my life membership in 1970. My dad paid $50. in 1938. My great grandpa paid $10. for his (I'm guessing about 1895.

Did the same thing as the "Kid". Only have to wait for the next deal from them to go Benefactor Life.

LeverBob
Patron Life Member NRA and proud of it.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Welcome to the club!! :wink: