Who was planning to buy a bunch of used Dillon presses/1050

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Who was planning to buy a bunch of used Dillon presses/1050

Post by sore shoulder »

I'm very interested in buying the 1050 from you depending on price and condition. As I recall you indicated you were planning to buy them. PM me if have it and your interested in selling, thanks.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
AmBraCol
Webservant

Re: Who was planning to buy a bunch of used Dillon presses/1

Post by AmBraCol »

sore shoulder wrote:I'm very interested in buying the 1050 from you depending on price and condition. As I recall you indicated you were planning to buy them. PM me if have it and your interested in selling, thanks.
I believe it was Steve505 down in NM.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
scr83jp
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scr83jp »

sore shoulder wrote:I'm very interested in buying the 1050 from you depending on price and condition. As I recall you indicated you were planning to buy them. PM me if have it and your interested in selling, thanks.
Condition is moot since all Dillons are covered by a no BS lifetime warranty on parts.I read about a Dillon owner in the Blue Press who had an electric heater on in his shop when he spilled some powder ,he got out but the shop burned destroying his loader he sent it in to Dillon with an explanation and a new one was sent to him.I started with an RL450 & upgraded to an RL550B had a handle break,called and a new one was sent no charge!
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

scr83jp wrote:
Condition is moot since all Dillons are covered by a no BS lifetime warranty on parts.I read about a Dillon owner in the Blue Press who had an electric heater on in his shop when he spilled some powder ,he got out but the shop burned destroying his loader he sent it in to Dillon with an explanation and a new one was sent to him.I started with an RL450 & upgraded to an RL550B had a handle break,called and a new one was sent no charge!
As I understand it the 1050 is not covered under the Dillon warranty because it's commercial.
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
scr83jp
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scr83jp »

sore shoulder wrote:
scr83jp wrote:
As I understand it the 1050 is not covered under the Dillon warranty because it's commercial.
I stand corrected you're right it only has a 1 year warranty didn't know that.I bought some Dri-Slide Weapons Lubricant made by Valspar and sold by www.uniquetek.com in Gilbert, AZ, spoke to the owner who said he uses it to lube his Dillon Reloaders makes them last.
505stevec
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 505stevec »

Yeah, I made the deal but when I got to him he said he "couldnt find the 650" Well I bought the 1050 and the other stuff. I am waiting to get me a bench to set up in my day room. I am not selling it though thanks
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

505stevec wrote:Yeah, I made the deal but when I got to him he said he "couldnt find the 650" Well I bought the 1050 and the other stuff. I am waiting to get me a bench to set up in my day room. I am not selling it though thanks
Thanks steve. Guess I'll have to save up for a new one. :lol:
11B30
scr83jp
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scr83jp »

sore shoulder wrote:
505stevec wrote:Yeah, I made the deal but when I got to him he said he "couldnt find the 650" Well I bought the 1050 and the other stuff. I am waiting to get me a bench to set up in my day room. I am not selling it though thanks
Ebay search located 2 RL550B reloaders for sale and nothing else on gun broker or gun auction seems guys are holding on to their reloading machines.
Last edited by scr83jp on Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

scr83jp wrote:
sore shoulder wrote:
Ebay search located 2 RL550B reloaders for sale.
I would spend the rest of my life building one from scratch with a hacksaw and file before I would buy anything off that anti-gun internet market.

I'm looking for a commercial grade progressive with a high rate of production and the 1050 is the only thing available that doesn't cost $5K and has a crimp pocket swaging station, which is very important. Even the 650 is not up to my requirements, much less a 550.

But thanks for the info. I think based on the warranty, and that a used one may have a lot of unknown miles on it, I'll just pony up for the new one.
11B30
scr83jp
Levergunner 2.0

Post by scr83jp »

sore shoulder wrote:
scr83jp wrote:
sore shoulder wrote:
Ebay search located 2 RL550B reloaders for sale.
I would spend the rest of my life building one from scratch with a hacksaw and file before I would buy anything off that anti-gun internet market.

I'm looking for a commercial grade progressive with a high rate of production and the 1050 is the only thing available that doesn't cost $5K and has a crimp pocket swaging station, which is very important. Even the 650 is not up to my requirements, much less a 550.

But thanks for the info. I think based on the warranty, and that a used one may have a lot of unknown miles on it, I'll just pony up for the new one.
Dillon has an easy pay plan for the Super 1050's via credit card details in the blue press.I remember when he ran the easy pay plan for the machines when he was starting out which really boosted sales.
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

scr83jp wrote:[]Dillon has an easy pay plan for the Super 1050's via credit card details in the blue press.I remember when he ran the easy pay plan for the machines when he was starting out which really boosted sales.
Thanks, good info.
11B30