When Asking For Prayers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

When Asking For Prayers

Post by SteveR »

I always give prayers willingly to all that post, but I don't always reply to the post. Sometimes I just look at the forum and don;t really have time to sit down and post, so when I see a prayer request I do give prayers.

I should post.

How does everyone feel about posting? Do you want to see a reply or just getting the post out there and people reading and praying ok or seeing the reply that prayer are given, ok?

Steve
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: When Asking For Prayers

Post by TedH »

While a reply offers confirmation that your request is well received, I always felt that the majority of "views" were offering a prayer without a reply, given the nature of most folks on the forum. I do the same as you, I'll always accept the request even if I don't write out a reply.
NRA Life Member
Levergunner 3.0

Post by 1894 »

Steve , I also do not always acknowledge that my prayers have been sent even though they were. I have no idea of other peoples thoughts about asking and receiving typed replies.
For me , just typing out the post(s) to a bunch of good folks that I have only known online for many years was comfort enough. I don't really contribute much to this forum but have learned a lot from it over the years. I'm not much of a "people person" so in my case I just needed to vent and type out loud, I looked upon the folks here as a friend willing to listen. Not looking for approval , judgement , or anything else , just knowing that some folks may pray or pause to wish my Mom a peaceful transition from our world to the next was all I needed to know. Typed replies or not , I know that the heartfelt prayers and wishes given freely are one of the great things about this forum.
Phil
yooper2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by yooper2 »

I rarely post on such threads but if I see the thread I'm praying.

Eric
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

I will pray with/for every request I read. But I rarely post a "Prayers up" response...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
SteveR
Senior Levergunner

Post by SteveR »

I feel we "non" posters are the majority.

I just wish to say to all of the people who request prayers, please remember I and many others here are also praying, and to not lose hope if you do not get a bunch of replies.

Steve
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Some folks may not have a lot of close friends and relatives, so when bad times come around it can be comforting to know they are not totally alone.

I know that following my heart attack the good wishes and prayers I received on this great forum meant a lot to me.
The fact that not every one replied never worried me in the least, there are lots of different reasons why we don't all reply to every post.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I try to respond with an answer as well as a prayer. Knowing your request is well taken makes a person feel closer to his/her friends even though most of us will never meet.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Agreed. I know when I have requested prayers it has been very comforting to see all the responses. Like others though, I know many more are offering prayers and did not or could not respond - and others who would normally do so may not have had the opportunity to see the post requesting prayer.

Nice thing about being associated with you bunch of yahoo's - it is great company!