Hard to believe it was 71 years ago Saturday...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

Hard to believe it was 71 years ago Saturday...

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Darn few of the men (most just barely beyond being boys then) are left. Civilization, heck the whole world, owes the Allied D-Day veterans a debt of gratitude we'll never be able to repay.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Re: Hard to believe it was 71 years ago Saturday...

Post by claybob86 »

God bless them!
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Gaucho Gringo
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Gaucho Gringo »

We owe not only those who were at D Day but all who served during WW2 a debt of gratitude and thanks that they stepped up to the plate and did what was needed to be done with honor and courage. Not to take anything away from the veterans of the D Day invasion.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

To all those who fought for freedom, I'm very grateful and I will always be in their debt.
That is why I hate politicians that take away hard fought for freedoms that so many gave their lives for.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

Was very fortunate to grow up in the shadow of several men who came back from WWII and Korea. Eternally grateful for their selflessness and their friendship.
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by daisygordoninc »

Amen to that, my dad was fighting in the South Pacific when I was born, wasn't home from the war until I was more than one.
He didn't talk much about it, just accepted his place in it. He was tough and tender as a father, but I was always indebted to him for his service along with all the other men. He's gone now and I'm trying to honor him and all those others by defending the freedoms they won and protected. Our politicians just don't get much of what we all know to be true and important. God has blessed America in many ways.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

Grew up in Detroit. Knew many women who worked in war industries. Knew some who were injured & maimed for life in industrial accidents producing necessary war materiel.

Why do we overlook their efforts?
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

daisygordoninc wrote:Amen to that, my dad was fighting in the South Pacific when I was born, wasn't home from the war until I was more than one.
He didn't talk much about it, just accepted his place in it. He was tough and tender as a father, but I was always indebted to him for his service along with all the other men. He's gone now and I'm trying to honor him and all those others by defending the freedoms they won and protected. Our politicians just don't get much of what we all know to be true and important. God has blessed America in many ways.
Well said.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

2571 wrote:Grew up in Detroit. Knew many women who worked in war industries. Knew some who were injured & maimed for life in industrial accidents producing necessary war materiel.

Why do we overlook their efforts?
Not sure that we are. Certainly not the intent. Many served in any way they could. Several Mom's gave 1,2, even 3 sons to help defend our country and freedom worldwide. But Saturday was the anniversary of D-Day, thus the specific mention.