Any thoughts on the Kel-TEC KSG SG?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Any thoughts on the Kel-TEC KSG SG?

Post by rjohns94 »

Had one in my hands tonight. It's not Casastahle Parker girl or 6-pt sikas 10 bore but I was impressed. Ergonomics nice, compact, light, 12+1 in 3inch, 14+1 in 1/4 inch shorter ammo. Seems like a nice tool for a camp long gun. I didn't think much of them until I had one in my hands and now I keep thinking of the possibilities. Hmmm. Your thoughts?

http://www.gunblast.com/KelTec-KSG.htm

Really like his sight selection as well as light/laser selection. Nice package!
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Any thoughts on the Mel-Ted KSG SG?

Post by jeepnik »

Wanted one when they first came out. Price was under $900. But the supply was very short and black market prices prevailed. Kel-tec finally started getting more out, but they raised the price to $1300. Obviously they are trying to take advantage of the market place. If they could sell them for $900 and make a profit, they are gouging at $1300.

I'll get one sooner or later but won't pay more than the $900 they originally cost.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
jhrosier
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Any thoughts on the Kel-TEC KSG SG?

Post by jhrosier »

I would say that if you think that you will need more than five rounds of 12ga., you might want to examine your strategy and/or recruit armed companions.

I have watched a couple of fellows try to operate a KSG on the range with poor results. It seems that the KSG is very prone to failures to feed unless it is operated vigorously. The owner relegated the KSG to a place of safety in the back of his gun safe and put a 12ga. double in the bedroom for emergencies.

My own choice is a Mossberg 20ga. pump. It is worth mentioning that you can buy two or three Mossbergs for the price of a KSG and just swap them out when they run dry. :lol:

Jack
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Any thoughts on the Mel-Ted KSG SG?

Post by AJMD429 »

jeepnik wrote:Obviously they are trying to take advantage of the market place. If they could sell them for $900 and make a profit, they are gouging at $1300.
Not necessarily; the $900 could have been an introductory price at a loss.
jhrosier wrote:It is worth mentioning that you can buy two or three Mossbergs for the price of a KSG and just swap them out when they run dry.
Very true...

Still they look FUN... 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Panzercat »

Just cant help but to think fully loaded the thing will be real heavy. Heavier than what one usually thinks of as a camp gun. Not going to argue capacity-- quantity is a quality all its own.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

With two tubes and a selector, you can go from buckshot or slugs to birdshot with a flick of a switch. Keel feature. And it's ambidextrous. 6.8 pounds empty. Add another pound fully loaded. Price on gunbroker is going from 750 to 900. In my local shops, 900-950.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot