Getting Specific.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Panzercat
Levergunner 3.0

Getting Specific.

Post by Panzercat »

So it's weekend pizza night and Papa John's is on the menu. While I wouldn't call it a tradition, the little boy expects to be carted along on these carry-out excursions, so we make the two mile run up to the place where he is inevitably stopped by a sign. Because he's two and change, he has to point out every last one; especially this one because it's right at his level. He invariably asks, "What's this?"

I can only think of one response to tell him: "That means 'no compensated 1911s.'"
His curiosity thus satisfied, we continue inside to get our pizza.
...Proud owner of the 11.43×23mm automatic using depleted Thorium rounds.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Getting Specific.

Post by Blaine »

Just wait until he loudly proclaims "Show them YOURs, Daddy..." Ah, the joys of parenthood.... :lol: :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Any such sign not backed up by metal detectors and armed guards does nothing but make the place a magnet for the ill-intentioned.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Personally, I would get together a bunch of like-minded friends, dressed in our spiffiest money-spending-diner clothes, and make a show of arriving to start having our weekly business meetings there instead of our former place, cordially start ordering, then one of us 'notice' the sign (preferably a petite female type), and act shocked at such a bizarre policy. Then we'd summon the manager for 'surely there's a mistake', and in front of the manager have a spirited debate (preferably demure female soccer-mom types being shocked and sportsman male types considering compromise). Ultimately we would all leave as the soccer moms were vowing to tell all their friends not to dine there.

Don't laugh - I've done it at restaurants and banks and had several rescind their policies... :mrgreen:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Personally, it's Don't Ask, Don't Tell.....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
cas
Senior Levergunner

Post by cas »

I think I'd jut stand in the doorway and yell for them to bring the food out.
Slow is just slow.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Looks more like a Desert Eagle to me... (note ejection port)

Don't have one of them either.
Last edited by Old Ironsights on Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I would have said, "It means we are going to get our pizza someplace else."
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gundownunder
Senior Levergunner

Post by gundownunder »

Looks like a sign that says " come and get us, we're easy "
Bob
You have got to love democracy-
It lets you choose who your dictator is going to be.
Lassiter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Lassiter »

gundownunder wrote:Looks like a sign that says " come and get us, we're easy "
What he said^^^ It's actually an invitation to thugs and low lifes saying you can come in here and do whatever you want without fear of being stopped. The wussification of America................
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Hmmm. Perhaps its an invitation to those with a death wish. Someone who doesn't care about living or dieing could sit there munching on pizza, waiting for someone to come in and start shooting...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

OldWin wrote:I would have said, "It means we are going to get our pizza someplace else."
One of the advantages, to those of us who can carry legally in this state, is that there aren't all that many of us. Hopefully that's changing with a recent court win. But to get back on point, other than at entertainment venues, and of course government buildings, I've never seen such a sign.

Another advantage is that even outfits like the LAPD AND LASD are large, many officers and deputies remain in the same place for a bit. I've gotten to know some of those that are regulars in places I go. So, no hard looks as I walk by. And yes, even if it's concealed and concealed well from the "public" most of these folks seem to have radar. Likely the same way many of us can spot another person carrying.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jeepnik wrote:
OldWin wrote:I would have said, "It means we are going to get our pizza someplace else."
One of the advantages, to those of us who can carry legally in this state, is that there aren't all that many of us. Hopefully that's changing with a recent court win. But to get back on point, other than at entertainment venues, and of course government buildings, I've never seen such a sign.

Another advantage is that even outfits like the LAPD AND LASD are large, many officers and deputies remain in the same place for a bit. I've gotten to know some of those that are regulars in places I go. So, no hard looks as I walk by. And yes, even if it's concealed and concealed well from the "public" most of these folks seem to have radar. Likely the same way many of us can spot another person carrying.
:wink: LIttle .380s rule....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

+1!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

BlaineG wrote:
jeepnik wrote:

:wink: LIttle .380s rule....
Carried a .380 AMT Backup for years. Breaking in a Glock 42 for a replacement.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

BlaineG wrote:Personally, it's Don't Ask, Don't Tell.....

+1
NRA Life Member
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

jeepnik wrote:...other than at entertainment venues, and of course government buildings, I've never seen such a sign.
To me, "government buildings" should be the last place allowed to disarm citizens; at least the restaurant is private property. :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

To me, it doesn't matter if I'm carrying my Commander, my KelTec PF9, or my snubbie. It doesn't matter if they can see it or not.

For me at least, if they don't want me with my gun, they don't need me with my wallet either.

There was an article several years ago in the American Rifleman about a guy who delivered pizza for Domino's. He had a concealed carry permit and was the victim of an attempted armed robbery. He saved his own life and the companies money and was promptly fired for his trouble

I don't care if it was "company policy" or not, I'd dumpster dive before I ate a Domino's pizza.

The local paper is a typical commie rag. They used to call asking if I wanted to subscribe. I told them what I thought of them fairly directly.
Then they took to leaving a copy on the doorstep. I called and told them they made a mistake. They said no it was a "complmentary" copy. I told them I wasn't complimented and not to do it again.
A couple months later they did it again. I took the paper and brought it to their office. I handed it back and told them if they did it again, I'd have them arrested for trespassing.
That seemed to do it.

Sorry folks. I know it ain't pretty, but that's who I am. :D
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

OldWin wrote:To me, it doesn't matter if I'm carrying my Commander, my KelTec PF9, or my snubbie. It doesn't matter if they can see it or not.

For me at least, if they don't want me with my gun, they don't need me with my wallet either.

There was an article several years ago in the American Rifleman about a guy who delivered pizza for Domino's. He had a concealed carry permit and was the victim of an attempted armed robbery. He saved his own life and the companies money and was promptly fired for his trouble

I don't care if it was "company policy" or not, I'd dumpster dive before I ate a Domino's pizza.

The local paper is a typical commie rag. They used to call asking if I wanted to subscribe. I told them what I thought of them fairly directly.
Then they took to leaving a copy on the doorstep. I called and told them they made a mistake. They said no it was a "complmentary" copy. I told them I wasn't complimented and not to do it again.
A couple months later they did it again. I took the paper and brought it to their office. I handed it back and told them if they did it again, I'd have them arrested for trespassing.
That seemed to do it.

Sorry folks. I know it ain't pretty, but that's who I am. :D
Sorry?! Heck, I'm proud of ya... 8) 8)
FWIW, most companies can't get insurance unless they have a no firearms policy...

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Thanks Blaine. :lol:

I try to keep it to myself most of the time. :D