I waited 46 years to keep my prommise!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

I waited 46 years to keep my prommise!

Post by Dusty Texian »

Today My oldest Grandson Brylen turns 9 yrs. old. When I was 9yrs. old my Grandfather OWW. gave me his single barrel 12 Ga. shotgun that he has owned since he was 9yr. old, @1923 with the instructions that I was to hand it down to my oldest Grandson on his 9th. Birthday. The day Paw Paw gave this shotgun to me I had no idea who this Grandson would be. And now 46 yrs. latter, I have watched this boy grow and know he will do his best to keep his promise to me and carry on the tradition by giving his oldest Grandson this shotgun, upon his 9th birthday. I only hope at that time such things will still be legal in this country. Happy Birthday Brylen and I kept my promise Paw Paw.,,,,,,DT
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I waited 46 years to keep my prommise!

Post by rjohns94 »

Awesome. Hoping you and that grandson can spend some time chasing game, side by side, over dogs, or in the thickets, for ,any years to come
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

rjohns94 wrote:Awesome. Hoping you and that grandson can spend some time chasing game, side by side, over dogs, or in the thickets, for ,any years to come
Yep. Good stuff.

Also hope he (and the rest of us) stay aggressive waive and vigilant of the freedom to own EBR's and stuf . Like that, because the anti gunners want them ALL confiscated.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

rjohns94 wrote:Awesome. Hoping you and that grandson can spend some time chasing game, side by side, over dogs, or in the thickets, for ,any years to come
+2. Good on ya!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

DT,
That's really cool....not many parents today (Read...the female half) would go along with that at 9 years old.

But, my little brain did get to thinking......seems to me your dad and your son (not sure if you have one) got the short end of the stick as its every other generation who gets the gun. :D

Don't mind me, I think too much------6
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dusty Texian »

Sixgun wrote:DT,
That's really cool....not many parents today (Read...the female half) would go along with that at 9 years old.

But, my little brain did get to thinking......seems to me your dad and your son (not sure if you have one) got the short end of the stick as its every other generation who gets the gun. :D

Don't mind me, I think too much------6
Hey,,,6, My Wife and I have two Daughters and two fine son in laws, and five Grandchildren. Our girls grew up with guns around the house being an everyday thing. My oldest daughter Brylens mother was taught to shoot a pistol by my Dad ,with his old 7 1/2 "SAA 45. He would take her out in the Jeep at 7 yr.old and she would shoot Jack rabbits with that old pistol on his Blanco Co. ranch so she has a view of firearms that was taught to her that is different than most. They are no better or worse than the way they are used. Brylen is being brought up the same way. Talk to you fellows in a couple of wks. Heading for the Desert.,,,,,,,DT
plowboy 45
Senior Levergunner

Post by plowboy 45 »

That will always be agood memory of granddaddy, the day he gave me this single barrel.
He'll never forget it.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Well done, Glad it shall continue
It is not the critic who counts