.44 special bullets from wvfarrier.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

.44 special bullets from wvfarrier.

Post by JerryB »

I got a sack of bullets from wvfarrier today in the mail. They appear to be solid brass. On the Lehigh site they show this bullet as 240 grain three part segmented bullet. This will be an interesting project to see how they penetrate and expand.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: .44 special bullets from wvfarrier.

Post by AJMD429 »

That sounds interesting. Please post pictures if possible...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

.special velocities, should be interesting.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Definitely some interesting ammunition offered there - http://www.lehighdefense.com/index.php/shop/ammunition

I think I bought some of their 'monolithics' for 375 Ruger but haven't messed with them yet.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Look on the Lehigh bullet company site, the bullet is listed under the name Extreme Penetrator Bullet. It looks to be a solid brass and copper bullet. I have 21 of the bullets and will try some different materials to test them.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Good.luck. lehigh told me that they were 220 grains??
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

They are 220 grain bullets, I just put one on my powder scales, I don't know why I thought they were 240. I talked to my friend today and he has some .44 specials to shoot also one is an old CA 2 inch Bulldog from his dad. A few years ago I hit 8 inch steel plates at 100 yards with it. Now I probably couldn't hit them at 10 yards with it. When we start we will get as many pictures and as much detailed data as we can. I don't do Photobucket any more so I will have to send the report and pictures to someone for posting here.

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I'm drawing a blank at the moment, but someone used to sell a brass/bronze bullet they called a punch bullet. IIRC Jeff Quinn did a test on them. Maybe made by the same company that makes base pins for SA's.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
GoatGuy
Senior Levergunner

Post by GoatGuy »

Jerry, hope you're doing well and looking forward to modern gun season.
"If a man does away with his traditional way of living and throws away his good customs, he had better first make certain that he has something of value to replace them." - Basuto proverb.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Good to hear from you, first rifle this year will be an old H&R Shikari single shot 45-70 not got a deer with this one yet. How are things at your place????

Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Goat Guy,
Where have you been, I have missed your southpaw self.