OT - Movie recomendation: Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

OT - Movie recomendation: Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

Post by J Miller »

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, rated G. Staring Dustin Hoffman and Natalie Portman.

Plot Outline: (from IMDB)
Molly Mahoney is the awkward and insecure manager of Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, the strangest, most fantastic, most wonderful toy store in the world. But when Mr. Magorium, the 243 year-old eccentric who owns the store, bequeaths the store to her, a dark and ominous change begins to take over the once remarkable Emporium.

My wife rented this move a couple days ago. It struck such a cord with me we called the rental house and kept it another day to watch it again.
I recommend it highly. I haven't seen such a good family movie in a long time.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Joe -

Always looking for good family movies. I'm not a fan other either Dustin Hoffman's or Natalie Portman's politics, but if this is good, clean kid-friendly fare, I'll give it a whirl!

Thanks! :D
steveb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by steveb »

Hi Joe, we rented it a few weeks back and watched it three or four times. As far as acting goes, I have always liked Dustin Hoffmans work. Most of it anyhow.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

We watched it when it was in theaters. It is an excelent movie My wife and I enjoyed it as much as the kids and we bought it as soon as it came out. The main moral of the story is self confidence and belief in your own abilitys.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

The TV ads made it look ridiculous. I guess you can't judge a book by its cover.