Old Jeep pic for Old Win.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Old Jeep pic for Old Win.

Post by Dusty Texian »

Hey Old Win, here is a pic. of my old 1964 Jeep,it still works for a living and can get the job done.It is a 4 cylinder 3speed with PTO winch . About 47mph. is top speed not that it ever see's it. IT NEVER LEAVES THE RANCH. But it will climb any hill out here,,,,Image,DT
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Old Jeep pic for Old Win.

Post by OldWin »

That is really nice Dusty. That was about wide open for mine too haha. A handy rig was the old Warn and Saturn overdrives that would couple to the Spicer 18. It geared em up a bit. Sadly, it didnt help the power. :lol:

That old CJ is in great shape. You don't see em like that up here very often.
Texas is a "Jeep Preserve" I guess.

These are all we have now.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Now there's a real jeep. America's true roadster convertible!! I spend more time looking at the rust free vehicles down there than I do at women. I spend way more time looking at them than I should. But when come from a state that uses more salt in the winter than just about anywhere else you sure appreciate how nice it is to se rust free vehicle from the 70's and earlier.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dusty Texian »

Old win ,looks like you use your Jeeps! Not many creek beds down here have water anymore.Three Leg,that salt has to be tough on a vehicle. Here is a pic. of old Green at work.I never get tired of riding the rough country.,,,,DT Image
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice country Dusty. Took me a minute to find your jeep!

Yeah. I put my Rubicon up right after hunting season. I used to run the red one back and forth to work year round. Its not rusted because twice a year I sprayed under it with oil. Its the only way to beat the salt.
I gave "old Red" to my dad. I did a mild build on it and he uses it a lot. When I do an upgrade on the Rubi I give him the take-off parts.
The Rubicon is an 03 and has 50k on it. "Red" is a 97 and has 168k on the ticker.
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

Boy! That's beautiful country out there! And there's hills! Nice set of wheels too!

My camp rig: 57 Willys

At home (still working on it) 67 CJ6

Mainehunter :wink:
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dusty Texian »

Mainehunter wrote:Boy! That's beautiful country out there! And there's hills! Nice set of wheels too!

My camp rig: 57 Willys

At home (still working on it) 67 CJ6

Very nice Jeeps Mainehunter!!!! Is that a winch side mounted on the 57 Willys? What motor in the 67 ? My 66 has the 225 Dauntless V6. I have a 67 Jeepster Commando half cab with the V6 Dauntless that is about to get a fresh paint job and interior re-fresh. I like the Old Jeeps!!!! ,,DT
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice rigs Mainehunter. I've seen pics posted of the 57 before. I believe its in the area of my stompin grounds or not far from it. My above pics are around our camp. Ole Red is on the camp road.
We like it rough. :D
Mainehunter
Senior Levergunner

Post by Mainehunter »

DT…. The Willys was donated to the camp few years back. It runs pretty good but there are few things on it that needs attention so after the hunting season I’m towing it back down to my friends place ( I don’t have the room) and pick away at it this winter. That winch you see is mounted on a ¼” plated steel and it’s used to pull the docks out of the pond.

The CJ6 has the Dauntless in it and I’ve just started (barely) to take the tub off and work on the floor boards, electrical and brake lines.

OldWin…. Yeah that picture was shot last year’s hunting trip up to East Carry. I haven’t been up there in a while but planning to go up next weekend for bird hunting. Refresh my memory where’s your camp again? When’s the last time you’ve been there?

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

We are across the river to the east. The camp is in Kingsbury, north of rt. 16.

I was in around the Carry's last fall bird hunting. I used to run that country a lot before we built the camp about twenty years ago. Done a lot of jeeping, dirtbike and fourwheeler riding over there.
Now I'm mainly around camp. From Moxie to the north, around Austin, Bald Mountain and down to Kingsbury to the south.
Roughly between rt. 201, rt. 16 and rt. 15. It's a BIG chunk of country.
I would actually be headed there with the Jeep this morning but it's supposed to be warm so I'm going to get in one of my last Harley rides I think.