Stumbled on some good reading from Ed Harris.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Stumbled on some good reading from Ed Harris.

Post by Canuck Bob »

While snooping around the net looking into 35/30-30 info I stumbled on a collection of Ed Harris articles. I really like his "Alberta Assault Rifle" well his is actually an "Appalachian Assault Rifle" linked under 30-30 Assault Rifle in the listed collection. It is a familiar article but some of the others are new to me.

http://www.hensleygibbs.com/edharris/backcreekdiary.htm
1894c

Re: Stumbled on some good reading from Ed Harris.

Post by 1894c »

Canuck Bob-- thanks for the link, some new stuff to read... :)
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

+1
It is not the critic who counts
Dusty Texian
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Dusty Texian »

Thanks for the link. Some interesting stuff there. I read the 35-30-30 report with interest. I have a Winchester rifle 26" full oct. in 30wcf the bore has seen better days,rifle is circa 1909. I can still get it to shoot with good handloads,but thought about a re-bore. Have been kicking around the 38-55 win. But the last month or so ,I have been seeing more about the 35-30-30 wildcat and am leaning toward this .35 cal. Winchester. The .35 would be ideal for whatever I run across here in Tx. The old 30wcf has done well, the .35 may do even better. What Ya Think?
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Thanks for the link. Knew I couldn't be the only one who appreciates a 45ACP single shot rifle. Rethinking I should get a 32H+R barrel instead of a 9mm for the Contender carbine. Or get one of them 1st then the other later on :)
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Canuck Bob
Senior Levergunner

Post by Canuck Bob »

I like the older writers it seems. My next gun writer purchase will be the Frank Marshall cd over at the CBA site.