keeping loged in

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Montana Outfitters
Levergunner 2.0

keeping loged in

Post by Montana Outfitters »

why is it no matter how many times I click on keep me logged in, I have to do the whole thing over and over and over..........why not just log in and STAY logged ???????????????
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: keeping loged in

Post by Blaine »

Have you set your browser to accept cookies?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
375hh1973
Levergunner 1.0

Post by 375hh1973 »

The same thing happened to me when I used to use Internet Explorer. After switching to Chrome, the issue went away. Chrome seems a lot faster as well.
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

When U delete browsing history it deletes Ur login cookie. Uncheck the box for that.
Perry
Perry in Bangor----++++===Calif
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Cookies ??? Chocolate Chip??? :wink:
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Raisin Oatmeal.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I agree with the Chrome recommendation..... I find it better and faster than Safari.....Opera seems fastest, but it has quirks and stumbles.....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

May be stirring the worm can here, but there is something still going on with the board software here. I deal with the same software on couple other boards and I stay logged in there...this one usually never.

I've got my login info cached in firefox so it's no big deal to just click through when I do need it.

I'm not on the back end of it so I don't know how the admins have everything set, but there's some timeout, IP address or user profile setting that's configured differently.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

wecsoger wrote:May be stirring the worm can here, but there is something still going on with the board software here. I deal with the same software on couple other boards and I stay logged in there...this one usually never.

I've got my login info cached in firefox so it's no big deal to just click through when I do need it.

I'm not on the back end of it so I don't know how the admins have everything set, but there's some timeout, IP address or user profile setting that's configured differently.
Ok..once every month or so I have to sign back in....I thought maybe everyone had to do that :oops:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Ditto.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

On my home computer I haven't had to log in since the issues we had several months ago. But on my note book in my work truck (aircard), I have to log in just about every time I access this web site.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

I have to log in every time I come here which can be several times a day somedays even though I check the box every time. This never happened till just a couple of months back and doesn't happen on any other group or forum I belong to. I would have to guess It's related to this site only.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Check your browser settings. I'm running Chrome and stay logged in on my office computer. Okeydoke, it's been so long since I had to log in that I had to give it a try and see. But just for grins I used a browser I don't use that much - Opera. So opened Opera, used a "test" username I keep handy and logged in, making sure to check the "keep logged in" box. Then I closed Opera and saw a dandy little window that informed me "There's an update for Opera, install?" so why not? Installed the update, opened Opera, surfed over to the forum and voilá - still logged in with a user (not Administrator) level username. All that to repeat, check your browser settings. Even you guys that have to log on every month or so, check your browser settings if you want to login "permanently". From this end there's nothing set to keep folks from logging in indefinitely.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

And you might try a different browser.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

rossim92
Senior Levergunner

Post by rossim92 »

when i use the firefox browser , it will save my name and password, all I have to do is click login, On the chrome browser I have to reenter my info. Of course, since I am on a shared computer, I have my internet history automatically erased when I exit my browser. Like others have said, configure your browser to keep your cookies.
Rossi 92 .357 lever , and a cz pcr 9mm
Henry .22 lever, Remington speedmaster 552 .22 lr
Marlin Glenfield .22 boltaction
gforce 12ga semi
Taylor's Tactical 1911 A1 FS in .45acp
winchester 1873 44.40
Marlin 336W .30.30
beeman sportsman rs2 dual caliber pellet rifle
henry .22 magnum pumpaction/octagon barrel
stag 5.56 m4 with reddot
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Okeydoke. Just so you guys know I love you, I turned my computer off and then on again. After boot up I opened up Chrome and Opera and surfed on over here. Both of them automatically logged me onto the forum just like I'd set them to do.

If you are required to log on each time you visit - it ain't us picking on you. You've got a cookie issue in your browser that can only be resolved by fixing the issue in your browser. You'll need to go to your browser control menu and ferret it out there.
Paul - in Pereira

AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

rossim92 wrote:when i use the firefox browser , it will save my name and password, all I have to do is click login, On the chrome browser I have to reenter my info. Of course, since I am on a shared computer, I have my internet history automatically erased when I exit my browser. Like others have said, configure your browser to keep your cookies.
And there you have it. If your 'net history is automatically erased or if your cookies are not accepted for multisessions then you will not be able to have your browser automatically log you in when you come here. Sometimes (as in rossim92's case) this is a good thing. But if it's your computer and only you access it and you want maximum convenience - you'll need to think through how your browser is handling your visits to levergunscommunity.com.
Paul - in Pereira

Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Don't forget... IE has a huge exploit hole that was recently outed that has existed since v.6.

It MIGHT be fixed for people using Windoze v.7 and above, bit will NOT be fixed for XP etc.

Use Chrome or Firefox.
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
AmBraCol
Webservant

Re: keeping logged in

Post by AmBraCol »

I'll see your fruit and raise you a bird.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul - in Pereira

Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Unless my 'puter goes belly-up, (that blue screen thing)... I stay logged in all the time. Es no problemo. Enable those cookies!

Now using IE11 & Win8.1.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: keeping logged in

Post by Blaine »

AmBraCol wrote:I'll see your fruit and raise you a bird.
Probably...but, I don't really know (or care) squat about computers....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
41 Redhawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 41 Redhawk »

Sometimes the cookie for a particular site will get corrupt. Try deleting the cookie just for Leverguns and then login again with the check box for keep me logged in checked and see if that fixes it.
The Lord Bless You

Terry
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

fwiw, you tax the site less if you stay logged in, since your cache does not have to be updated by the site server.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

The last few weeks I've had to log in a couple times a week. I just had to log in again at noon even though I was here this morning. Maybe I've had a Chrome update and something changed, but there is no pattern to this. I only reboot my PC once a week otherwise I put it in sleep mode. It doesn't bother me , just an observation.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

It seems to me like there is a browser setting that auto-deletes history after how many days you set it for...or, am I dreaming again?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

NO, Ur not dreaming but One can pick and choose what items in History to delete or not delete ie -cookies-browsing History-saved passwords and so on.
I understand IE is having some problems and that I should start using Chrome again (btw did U know that "California Chrome" is just across the river from Me ?)
@ Griff, have U not upgraded to W 8.1.1 ?
Perry
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

But on my note book in my work truck (aircard), I have to log in just about every time I access this web site.

And I think this is key to the answer of how this affects some folk and not others.

Year or two ago I worked with Wind who was using WildBlue as an internet service provider. After a bit of research, I found that WildBlue has an annoying habit of changing your IP address, sometimes in the middle of your browsing session. That's what Wind was seeing, he would be in middle of session here, then suddenly bam, he's kicked out and had to log back in. Annoying as can be, especially when you're composing a posting.

So saying, he contacted someone in the board admin side, they made a change to relax the board software checking the user IP address and immediately thereafter the issue was solved.

I'm suspecting there may be another setting or two in the security section that may need be relaxed or changed. This isn't a cookies or cacheing issue.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

"Static" vs. "dynamic" IP addressing. Some ISPs do it, some Routers do it. The net result is that the Cookie Monster sees your cookie but thinks that it got hacked/spoofed and is being used by an IP in Nigeria...
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Had no problems since I switched from IE to Chrome :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

pwl44m wrote: @ Griff, have U not upgraded to W 8.1.1 ?
Perry
Nope, I tend to keep updates to a minimum. Had enough trouble getting IE11 to use Goggle as default search engine. Should I?
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
pwl44m
Advanced Levergunner

Post by pwl44m »

Griff wrote:
pwl44m wrote: @ Griff, have U not upgraded to W 8.1.1 ?
Perry
Nope, I tend to keep updates to a minimum. Had enough trouble getting IE11 to use Goggle as default search engine. Should I?
You will have to ask Someone more knowledgeable than Myself on that. I was having some trouble a while back and had a Preacher Friend come work on mine for a couple hours and when He finished I had 8.1.1. Heck that was 2 weeks ago, there might be another upgrade by now.
Sorry I couldn't be more help on that.
Perry