Parker Trojan

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Parker Trojan

Post by Bridger »

I know where there is a Parker Trojan grade sxs 12 ga for $499. It has obviously been abused at some point in it's life, as there is pitting on many parts of the gun, especially the left barrel, and to attempt to give it a facelift it has been parkerized. It is a 12 gauge. Further, most of the screws on it have been buggered, some considerably others not as much. It really sounds like a basket case, but actually in person it doesn't look quite so bad, and it seems like it would make a decent truck gun. Lock up is tight, and it points very naturally. Does this price seem out of line? I kinda want it, I guess cause I've always wanted a Parker, but I really know little about them. SN: 122717 (I believe that's it anyway.)
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Parker Trojan

Post by Mescalero »

How deep is the pitting?
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bridger »

Probably about like what is shown in the picture I attached. BTW, I have no idea who owns that pic, I just found it on google.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

It is enough to scare me off.
Marlin32
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Marlin32 »

If you look long enough, you can find some good Trojans for 1000 or less in better condition. I have a 16ga Trojan, bought it cheap as it has short chambers, no one wanted it, got price down without much of a fight, I now shoot mostly short hulls in all of my 16s as I roll crimp and able to use same payload, just shorter hull.

Trojans vary quite a bit in stock dimensions, weight etc.