On Washing Dishes With Coldwater.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

On Washing Dishes With Coldwater.

Post by Pete44ru »

John went to visit his 90-year-old grandfather, who lived in a very secluded / rural area of Saskatchewan (Canada) .

After spending a great evening, chatting the night away, the next morning John's grandfather prepared a breakfast of bacon & eggs and toast for them both.

John, however, noticed a film-like substance on his plate, so he questioned his grandfather asking: " Gramps - are these plates clean ? "

His grandfather replied: "They're as clean as cold water can get em. Just you go ahead and finish your meal, Jonny ! "

........ For lunch, the old man made hamburgers.

Again, John was concerned about the plates, since his appeared to have tiny specks around the edge that looked suspiciously like dried egg - so, he asked: " Gramps - are you SURE these plates are clean ? "

Without looking up, the old man said: "I told you before, Jonny, those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them. Now don't you fret, and I don't want to hear another word about it ! "

Later that afternoon, John decided to go to a nearby town - but as he was leaving, his grandfather's dog started to growl at him, and wouldn't let him pass.

John yelled out to his grandfather, saying: "Gramps, your dog won't let me get to my car".

Without diverting his attention from the TV football game he was watching, the old man shouted:

"Coldwater, go lay down now, yah hear me ! ..............Good dog. " :mrgreen:

Last edited by Pete44ru on Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: On Washing Dishes With Coldwater.

Post by Mescalero »

Oh My :shock:
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:? But, why were the dishes dirty?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

When I refer to the old man, I am not speaking of my biological father, but rather an old aquaintence of mine.
The last time I saw the old man he prepared the "guest room" by chasing the chickens out :shock:
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

:lol:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

Reminds me of when I was a kid and asked my ma why couldn't we just let our dog lick the plates clean :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Joe S.
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Joe S. »

True story:
Soon after I met my wife, I brought her to meet the parents. We were to have dinner at their place.
When we were done eating, I decided to have a little fun. I told mom, "you just sit right here. I'll do the dishes tonight." I got up and took my plate to the door and called my folk's dog over and let her lick the plate clean. When done, I walked over and put it on an empty shelf in their cabinet. Mom, who never misses a chance to get someone said, "here's my plate. I'm done too." So I had that plate cleaned and put away the same way. I then walked back and sat at the table and didn't say anything else about that. After a few minutes I noticed my (then) girlfriend kinda picking at her food, not really eating anymore. I asked her what was wrong, to which she replied, "that's not really how y'all clean the plates, is it?" Mom, not missing a beat, says, "oh yea, since the dishwasher broke we have. This actually gets em cleaner than that old thing."

We later told her we were kidding and put the plates in the dishwasher. And we ended up marrying sometime later and have been for nearly 6 years now. She hasn't taken me real serious after that. :D
Joe S.
Central MS
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Thor gets every bit of food off the dishes.....I can then wash them with hot, soapy water at my convenience without worrying about nasty, dried on food....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

That dog in Saskatchewan is a slacker. Our dog gets the dishes spic and span.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

That's one of the first jokes I remember hearing as a kid.

Only difference is the dogs name was "Two Waters".

Fifty years minimum that joke's been around.

Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

The old man claimed that the chickens were excellent killers of scorpians!
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Didn't dogs lick Lazarus' wounds? So, "Coldwater" plates should be fine... :lol:
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
KirkD
Desktop Artiste

Post by KirkD »

Personally, after I see my dogs lick their butts, they need time to get their mouths flushed out, so I like to give them 15 minutes before I'll let them lick our plates.
Kirk: An old geezer who loves the smell of freshly turned earth, old cedar rail fences, wood smoke, a crackling fireplace on a snowy evening, pristine wilderness lakes, the scent of
cedars and a magnificent Whitetail buck framed in the semi-buckhorn sights of a 120-year old Winchester.
Blog: https://www.kirkdurston.com/
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

KirkD wrote:Personally, after I see my dogs lick their butts, they need time to get their mouths flushed out, so I like to give them 15 minutes before I'll let them lick our plates.
since dogs are copraphagic, I'd give it 30 minutes.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

OH!!!! It's a joke.... I figured it for a true story... I've relatives for which it would be!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

That reminds me of another joke.

-----------------------------

Q: Why do lions lick their butts?

A: To get the taste of (melanin enhanced humans of african heritage) out of their mouths.

------------------------

Personally, I think it loses some of the 'punch' when one attempts to civilize the verbiage.

Ah, well... the times we live in.

Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Ron "Tater Salad" White told of when his wife fixed the first meal for him. She left the room and he put the plate down in front of his dog Sluggo. The wife came back into the room and the plate with more than half the food left was in front of Sluggo, and he was licking his butt. The wife asked what he was doing, and Ron White said, "I don't know, but I think he is trying to get the taste out of his mouth." He didn't say how long it took him to regain consciousness.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Mescalero »

Even my "feminist" girlfriend of 33 years laughs at his jokes about his old lady.
Senior Levergunner

Post by 2571 »

El Chivo wrote:
KirkD wrote:Personally, after I see my dogs lick their butts, they need time to get their mouths flushed out, so I like to give them 15 minutes before I'll let them lick our plates.
since dogs are copraphagic, I'd give it 30 minutes.
I've been told by kennel folk that feeding a dog pineapple will break them of that nasty habit. Anybody know if that's true?
alnitak
Senior Levergunner

Post by alnitak »

2571 wrote:
El Chivo wrote:
since dogs are copraphagic [sic], I'd give it 30 minutes.
I've been told by kennel folk that feeding a dog pineapple will break them of that nasty habit. Anybody know if that's true?
I've also heard it gives some dogs the runs, and still doesn't stop them.
"From birth 'til death...we travel between the eternities." -- Print Ritter in Broken Trail
madman4570
Advanced Levergunner

Post by madman4570 »

My wife is always yelling at me for letting Chaz sometimes lick my plate clean. :lol: :oops:

I tell her, he## he is cleaning than you! :wink:

Going on 7 years not to the Doc, can't be bad. Before Chaz I let Gabby sometimes have a lick. But now only my top dog!

But, in all honestly I do keep them in the other side when washing comes. Tell the wife, here Chaz had a lick on this one.

I have a large hand pump container I keep at kitchen sink that I mix with 30% of 92% isopropyl alcohol, 20% antibacterial dish soap,10% cider vinegar,rest water.
2 pumps then wiped hard on plate with special Chaz rag, dog bone embroidered on it and then a hot blast of water and that dog drool gone! :D
Stop up for supper sometime! Only he can only lick my plate cause don't want him catching anything! :wink: