Went to V.A. today

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
joachim slim
Levergunner 2.0

Went to V.A. today

Post by joachim slim »

went got my shots for my knees today. supposed to get them every 3-4 months. its been almost 6 and i was hurting. :( but today...i could dance a jig. if i knew how. :lol: :wink:
abcollector
Levergunner 2.0

Post by abcollector »

joachim slim,

question on the shot for your knees... is that where they stick a needle in behind the knee cap and put some fluid in the joint? My wife has bad knees and did the shot in one knee and said never again. How bad are your knees? I'd like to find something that would work for my wife but I don't know what is available to try.

Thanks.
joachim slim
Levergunner 2.0

shots

Post by joachim slim »

they use cortizone and something else. i watch them do it. the needle is inserted behind the knee in the joint. and the squirt the stuff in as they withdraw the needle. im here to tell you it feels good instantly. (for me) they cant do rooster comg stuff. my knees are way bad. left knee is bone on bone and right knee is almost as bad. i highly recommend it.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Glad to hear you are feeling better!!! :D
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

:D I have had it done for years now.the grease job works the best for me.I think its syndisc or close to it.last time I asked the doc to just put in grease fittings :lol: :lol: .
pete
DAV life member.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

My Mom has been doing that for years she is at the point now that they need to do a knee replacement. Cortizone is just paint that you put over the rusty spot so your friends dont laugh at you.
Last edited by JReed on Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I got a shot for a bad shoulder once....never again....Gosh, what pain!
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Tuby, try one in the palm of the hand. Feels like your fingers are going to blow right off you hand. Worked, but I'm still not sure it was worth it.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

BlaineG wrote:I got a shot for a bad shoulder once....never again....Gosh, what pain!
ttt i got 7 shots in the shoulder last weekend CT scans on monday and back to the doc on sat for the results.something in there is messed up.note all the 45/70 stuff on the trader board.sold my marlin 45/70 this morning :oops: .this stinks.I might have to use the t/c pistol for hunting this year.
pete
DAV life member.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

txpete wrote:
BlaineG wrote:I got a shot for a bad shoulder once....never again....Gosh, what pain!
ttt i got 7 shots in the shoulder last weekend CT scans on monday and back to the doc on sat for the results.something in there is messed up.note all the 45/70 stuff on the trader board.sold my marlin 45/70 this morning :oops: .this stinks.I might have to use the t/c pistol for hunting this year.
pete
I can shoot the big stuff for the most part...this was back about late eighties and pushups were kicking my butt at the time......

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Joachim, you're a better man than me. I gave up on the V.A. in the mid '70s. The facility was trashed, and the employees were useless. Took months to get an appointment to stand around all day, and then be told I would have to come back on another day. Thankfully, I can afford private medical insurance.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Post by TedH »

I've had that done in my shoulder before. Never again. The shot was way worse than the pain it was supposed to cure. I've just been putting up with it cause I can't be off work for the time it would take for the surgury and recovery. :(

Glad it's working for you though Slim. :D
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jeepnik wrote:Joachim, you're a better man than me. I gave up on the V.A. in the mid '70s. The facility was trashed, and the employees were useless. Took months to get an appointment to stand around all day, and then be told I would have to come back on another day. Thankfully, I can afford private medical insurance.
Facilities vary, but I've been tickled to death with my VA treatment.....With the exception of one person, they act like I'm the only reason they came to work that day.......The person is not around anymore.....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
neil mitchell
Levergunner 1.0

Post by neil mitchell »

The VA clinic here in Lufkin and the VA hospital in Houston are excellent.Doctors,nurses etc all very friendly,helpful and caring.Only been going 3+ years now but should have gone years ago.

Neil
NRA,Disabled Vietnam Veteran
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

the VA in temple texas is pretty good also.most of the time I use the army hospital at ft hood.the best thing I ever did was stick it out and retire from the army.the medical care I have recieved has been very good .when I had the heart attack the cost was well over 100,000.00 and my cost was $25.00 for the helicopter ride to austin and 25.00 to st davids where they did the stents.
pete
DAV life member.
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

I've had five shoulder surgeries and so many coritzone (Kenolog) shots in both my shoulders that I lost count. Just had my last surgery on my right shoulder last April ('07), impingement and reattachment of my long head bicep muscle. It isn't right, that's why I'm up at 0330 hrs. checking out the forum. It's hard to sleep. The surgeon said he can't do anything for me now other than a shoulder replacement and I'm only 51. I need a second opinion.
Old Law Dawg
txpete
Departed Friend

Post by txpete »

I only wish you the best and hope they get you fixed up.your not the only one that doesn't get much sleep :( .
pete
DAV life member.