Henry Golden Boy .22

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Advanced Levergunner

Henry Golden Boy .22

Post by 1886 »

I have a shot at a LNIB Henry Golden Boy .22 S.,L.,LR. I have no experience with these rifles. I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback you may have on these little beauties. Thanks much all. 1886.
Bis
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bis »

I just got two for my grand kids at Wal-Mart for $343 plus tax, each. The fix and finish are great, the action is very smooth. I have not shot them and am not sure I will althuogh I sure am tempted. The only reason I say that is and you guys are probably think I am dumb but the kids are 1 year and 14 months and I am ordering the engraved side plates for them. Any way I think the Golden Boys are great.
when your enemy is within range so are you
jdad
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jdad »

Henry makes the best "value" in 22 rimfire levers.

I owned an H001T Octagon for a while. I had zero problems with it, it was just as accurate as a 39A and was really well built, but I just prefer the longer barrel, weight and feel of a 39A.
41_Marlin
Levergunner

Post by 41_Marlin »

Cast Receiver. Nice Casting. Never seen one that wasn't very smooth.
Nice wood.
Marble Sights.
Very responsive customer service.

Barrel is pinned to the receiver. No crown on the barrel.

Some shoot far better than others.

I bought one and GAVE it away.
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

I sure like mine, but, one thing I do notice is the drop of the stock is a bit much. You'll never cycle anything as smooth !
jsimmons
Levergunner 1.0

Post by jsimmons »

The GoldenBoy is a really nice rifle. You should shoulder one before buying though, so you can see if the comb drop is too much for your shooting comfort.

Henry's customer service is *amazing*. A guy at RimFireCentral.com bought a used Henry that had a bulge in the barrel, and he called them to see how much it would cost to replace the barrel. Henry did it for NO CHARGE.

I currently have a H001T, and if I had to get rid of all but one of my guns, the Henry is the one I'd keep.
Aim small, miss small...
---------
Mutt
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mutt »

I like mine also :D ....Mutt