Duck season starts with a bang....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
stew71
Senior Levergunner

Duck season starts with a bang....

Post by stew71 »

Well, 4 bangs, to be honest. :mrgreen: Took these mallards last Saturday morning.

Then, on Monday, Mama Nature treated us to this sunset from the blind. We didn't bag any birds that evening, but this made up for it.

Some people just need a sympathetic pat on the head.....with a hammer. Repeatedly.
JayF in AZ
Levergunner 1.0

Re: Duck season starts with a bang....

Post by JayF in AZ »

I'm going Saturday, but it's been open 2 weeks now. We do it different here in the desert, just jump shoot them off of stock tanks. A lot of driving but real easy hunting :). I don't usually see mallards though, mostly smaller species like bufflehead. My partner did get a canvasback last year though.
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

Great photos! I rarely hunt evenings so don't often see the sunsets, but I really enjoy the beautiful glow of a sunrise on the horizon viewed from a duck blind.
I didn't get drawn for an opening day reservation at any of the refuges, but I did get in a brief half day of hunting at Big Lake near McArthur in eastern Shasta County, Calif. Temperature was in the mid-twenties when we arrived before dawn, and by noon it was in the seventies. Only a few Bufflehead were around, but the hunting will get better as the weather turns. I'm looking forward to it! :D

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

Mmmmmm pit roasted duck by a sunset. Nice
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus