pre-Remington Marlin Guide Gun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
b79holmes
Levergunner

pre-Remington Marlin Guide Gun

Post by b79holmes »

Is there a serial number break or year code to identify pre-Remington Marlin Guide Guns?
Bill
Hagler
Senior Levergunner

Re: pre-Remington Marlin Guide Gun

Post by Hagler »

"That's right, Billy, I'm good with it. I hit what I shoot at, and I'm fast!"-Lucas McCain, c1882.
ImageImage
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

I am pretty sure that any of the Marlins with a JM stamp on the barrel are all PRE REMINGTONS!
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
b79holmes
Levergunner

Post by b79holmes »

Great series of articles Hagler, thanks.
Birdman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Birdman »

Thanks for the link. That all sounds good. I can speak for a Remlin I personally looked at a year ago in Springfield Illinois at the Sheels store. This was a SBL Guide Gun. It was everything the follow up article said about fit and finish. It all looked real good. I was about to talk myself into it but I already have a JM Guide Gun so I passed. If everything coming out looks as good as I saw and the article states, maybe they are on their way. Lets hope.
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

b79holmes wrote:Great series of articles Hagler, thanks.
+1
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................