Talley peep sight

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Talley peep sight

Post by 95fan »

Has anyone had any experience with a talley peep sight. they look like a nice alternative to the williams wgrs.
A perfect day can only be achieved while hunting
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

I havn`t seen one. Got a link? :wink:
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 95fan »

Here is the link to their site, although they don't say much about them. A quick google search did not reveal much either.

www.talleyrings.com
Antietamgw
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Antietamgw »

I haven't seen the Talley either but always thought the NECG sight could work well - not sure how much elevation adjustment they have. You would likely need to work with front sight height a bit. Not a big deal if you like sourdough or post type front sights.

http://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

I have not used the Tally. I have used NECG sight on a Ruger 1 chambered in 45-70.Held zero solid.A nice sight meant as a backup,but I used it as a primary.It is sufficent to 100yards.Williams arpetures will work.I also installed a NECG replacement frontsight with Ivory bead..nice combo.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

You didn't mention what you were planning to use it on; but, according to Talley's application chart, the $69 peep must be custom fitted by them to one of the Talley bases ( + $12.50 minimum) - and the only leverguns they list is the Browning BLR and Marlin 94/336.

I have no experience with it, but it looks like it has a lot less elevation adjustment/range, for zeroing, than a WGRS - and about the same, +/-, as an XS.
deerwhacker444
Senior Levergunner

Post by deerwhacker444 »

I haven't used their peep sight, but I have 2 sets of rings/bases on 2 rifles and the quality/fit/finish is excellent.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men
shall possess the highest seats in Government,
our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots
to prevent its ruin
." Samuel Adams
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 95fan »

Pete44ru wrote:You didn't mention what you were planning to use it on; but, according to Talley's application chart, the $69 peep must be custom fitted by them to one of the Talley bases ( + $12.50 minimum) - and the only leverguns they list is the Browning BLR and Marlin 94/336.

I have no experience with it, but it looks like it has a lot less elevation adjustment/range, for zeroing, than a WGRS - and about the same, +/-, as an XS.
I am planning on using one on my new blr (which has not arrived yet). I have a wgrs on a 94 which works pretty good so I may just get another of those. There is very little info out there on the tally, but it seems to be a quality product. I was hoping someone had one to elaborate on.
John Y Cannuck
Levergunner 1.0

Post by John Y Cannuck »

Click on the pic for more pics
John Y Cannuck
Levergunner 1.0

Post by John Y Cannuck »

Talley Peep Sight

Requires appropriate rear base which has to be custom fitted with the peep sight.

$68.95 for peep sight only, does not include rear base. In most cases, add $12 for extra rear base. We custom fit your peep sight to the rear base at no additional charge
95fan
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 95fan »

John the sight in your link looks totally different then the on on the Tally website. Do they use the same elevation system? Ie. the set screw.
John Y Cannuck
Levergunner 1.0

Post by John Y Cannuck »

Close up of peep sight with visible set screw for elevation adjustment.
John Y Cannuck
Levergunner 1.0

Post by John Y Cannuck »

Sorry, that's all I could find. I presume that the dovetail is in the mount for other rifles.
Antietamgw
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Antietamgw »

I LIKE that! It could be incorporated into a steel 1 pc. weaver type base and not be in the way. I guess you pick your load and sight in with that but it's a backup sight, so that shouldn't be a problem. I just went back thru the thread and found that you were thinking of using it on a BLR. If it's like the factory rear sight on my BLR 81 .358, it's absolutely useless. Think I'll look into this...
Keep your sword and your plow share, know how and when to use them.