OT-Just watched Hondo on DVD again

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
piller
Posting leader...

OT-Just watched Hondo on DVD again

Post by piller »

Just finished watching Hondo on DVD again. I noticed a soldier in a wagon during the climactic fight with the Apaches get shot by a bullet going through the wood. Not many Hollywood movies will admit that a bullet will go through wood. I have heard that a .45 colt handgun would penetrate about 6 inches of soft pine. I have not tried it, nor have I seen it done. I do know that the 1 inch boards would not stop even most .22lr rounds. I still like to watch the old John Wayne westerns. Anyone else like his movies?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
ScottT
Shootist

Post by ScottT »

John Wayne was always my favorite. I watched him in "The Searchers" herewhile back. I liked it because at the time that it was shot, I think they tried to make the dress and mannerisms as true as possible to what was not that far back in time. Great movie.
homefront
Levergunner 3.0

Post by homefront »

NEVER HEARD OF HIM. :lol:
Joe Reilly
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT-Just watched Hondo on DVD again

Post by Joe Reilly »

I still like to watch the old John Wayne westerns. Anyone else like his movies?[/quote]

Is the Pope Catholic?

Do bears stuff in the forest? :D
NRA Benefactor Member

My mind is like a steel trap,
rusty and illegal in 37 states.
ohwin94_61
Levergunner 2.0

Re: OT-Just watched Hondo on DVD again

Post by ohwin94_61 »

Joe Reilly wrote:I still like to watch the old John Wayne westerns. Anyone else like his movies?
I don't know Joe I watched the Shootist this morning on DVD I think John Wayne had a part in that movie that avatar I have looks familiar :shock:
Nueces
Levergunner

Post by Nueces »

Confession - I've watched The Searchers many times, but never in the company of anyone else, at least not for the closing scene. I bawl like a baby every bloomin' time. Don't know how to 'splain that to the daughters.

Now, there are a bunch that I enjoy watching with my wife - McClintock, Rio Bravo, Rio Lobo, El Dorado. But not The Searchers.

When I was still flying, many of our routes from Houston to the west coast took us over Monument Valley. I always liked looking over that scenery, where Ford shot a bunch of Wayne westerns.

Mark
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Just finished watching Rio Lobo. Never mind John Wayne, I was watching Susana Dosamentes.

Seriously, I have a great many John Wayne movies on tape and CD. I buy them as I find them.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Jaguarundi
Senior Levergunner

Post by Jaguarundi »

Yup gotta luv the DUKE.Watched Rio Bravo the other night on DVD.Tonight I am watch'n The Alamo on DVD. :) :)
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
papabear
Levergunner 2.0

Post by papabear »

First move i went to see with my dad and grandfather was the green braids and we saw every move that came out
PARENTS DON'T TAKE PICTURES OF THEIR KIDS PLAYING VIDEO GAMES
====================================================================
For Those Who Understand No Explanation Is Needed
For Those Who Don't None Will Do
====================================================================
Member Of The N.R.A.-North American Hunting club-Syosset Gun Club
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

GOT MOST OF HIS WESTERNS AND LOVE'M ALL