The names in Green

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

The names in Green

Post by Modoc ED »

What's with all the apparent grouchiness (by some) toward the guys that have their names appear in "Green" here on the forum? They only serve Hobie and us other members as a sort of "mini-Moderator" to try to make the site work smoothly.

Yet, by many, they are called "grand poobah", "grand doo-dah" or what have you but those labled "Member Emeritus" get a pass with no harassment.

I don't think it's the "mini-moderators" that get their skivies in a snit but rather those who moan and groan about the perceived favoritism toward the "mini-moderators" that have their skivies in a snit.

Let's have a little less griping and a little more brotherhood here on Paco's forum.

There are a heck of a lot more serious things that need taking care of here on the forum other than clevage and petty bickering. Two examples would be:

TedH's wife and Joe Miller. Those two people are really hurting and need our prayers. If you don't believe in prayer then offer them good wishes.

My .02¢
Last edited by Modoc ED on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ED
Yer never too old
Griff
Posting leader...

Re: The names in Green

Post by Griff »

+1.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Eye-Bite!
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Eye-Bite! »

Eye'm only a 2.0.... Guess I should be Green with Envy! :lol:
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

I'm confused. What hate and discontent are you speaking of? :?:
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Friends Call Me Ji wrote:I'm confused. What hate and discontent are you speaking of? :?:
Me confused too!! :?: :?:
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I see some pointed exchanges :P Hate? Must be the new definition of "hate"...In my day, if you hated something you shot it, or, kicked it's azz.... :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Any response is all about the actions of the man, not the color of his name.

:wink:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Eye-Bite!
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Eye-Bite! »

FWiedner wrote:Any response is all about the actions of the man, not the color of his name.

:wink:
Eye-Agree!
olyinaz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by olyinaz »

Modoc ED wrote:What's with all the hate and discontent toward the guys that have their names appear in "Green" here on the forum? They only serve Hobie and us other members as a sort of "mini-Moderator" to try to make the site work smoothly.

Yet, by many, they are called "grand poobah", "grand doo-dah" or what have you but those labled "Member Emeritus" get a pass with no harassment.

I don't think it's the "mini-moderators" that get their skivies in a snit but rather those who moan and groan about the perceived favoritism toward the "mini-moderators" that have their skivies in a snit.

Let's have a little less griping and a little more brotherhood here on Paco's forum.

There are a heck of a lot more serious things that need taking care of here on the forum other than clevage and petty bickering. Two examples would be:

TedH's wife and Joe Miller. Those two people are really hurting and need our prayers. If you don't believe in prayer then offer them good wishes.

My .02¢
Hey, nothing but thanks for a thankless job here. (I've said that before but I'll say it again if need be.) After all - been there/done that/got the T shirt! It's one of those needed tasks where the weak of heart or thin of skin need not apply. :wink:

That said, I find it interesting that in the spirit of making the discontent stop...you start a thread highlighting it! :lol: I also find it pretty amusing that one of the NAMES IN GREEN is one of the people doing the vast majority of complaining about the Men In Green doing their job. GO FIGURE! :lol:

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with being a Grand Poo Bah either and shame on you for implying so. Someone has to be! I just find it odd when one of the Chief Complainers is...wait for it...a Grand Pooh Bah! :shock: :lol:

This is less fun than talking about guns. Good day. :D
Cheers,
Oly

I hope and pray someday the world will learn
That fires we don't put out will bigger burn

Johnny Wright
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Modoc ED wrote:There are a heck of a lot more serious things that need taking care of here on the forum other than clevage and petty bickering. Two examples would be:

Very good point. Something all of us should keep in mind on a daily basis; the stupid stuff most of us get bent out of shape about on a day-to-day basis on this forum, and elsewhere, is just that - stupid and largely unimportant and not worth getting upset about.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote:
Modoc ED wrote:There are a heck of a lot more serious things that need taking care of here on the forum other than clevage and petty bickering. Two examples would be:

Very good point. Something all of us should keep in mind on a daily basis; the stupid stuff most of us get bent out of shape about on a day-to-day basis on this forum, and elsewhere, is just that - stupid and largely unimportant and not worth getting upset about.
Por exemple, genocide by our military and LEOs :lol: :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

jealousy at being passed over.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Modoc ED
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Modoc ED »

Edited original post.
ED
Yer never too old
tman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by tman »

Getting passed over as hall monitor :lol: What's next :?: Perhaps a cookie baking thread :lol:
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I could care less about colors, or number of posts, or a bunch of
other things on this forum.

Ted and Joe need our good wishes, that's for sure and for certain.

-Stretch
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Friends Call Me Ji wrote:I'm confused. What hate and discontent are you speaking of? :?:
I haven't seen anything directed at me, so I guess everyone is sparing me the grief! Thanks Ed for the thought though.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ysabel Kid wrote:I haven't seen anything directed at me, so I guess everyone is sparing me the grief!
Shut up; I hate you. You are evil and I'm jealous, and you are clearly and consistently abusing your powers. You are a vicious Green Monster....!!!!

There, now...

I hope that made you feel a bit more 'included' in the forum ambiance. :D

Actually, words like that remind me of what some of my (young, female) employees always tell each other whenever they are spatting about something instead of doing their job... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
redhawk
Levergunner 1.0

Post by redhawk »

Can't we all just get along?? :roll:
GonnePhishin
Senior Levergunner

Post by GonnePhishin »

I haven't noticed any animosity towards any of the moderators, but then again I do not read every post.
However, that said, there is no room on this forum for behavior like this and any guilty parties should put any petty jealousy aside and knock it off.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

"I know not what course other men may take, but as for me, Give me Liberty or Give me Death!" - Patrick Henry
Streetstar
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Streetstar »

AJMD429 wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:
Actually, words like that remind me of what some of my (young, female) employees always tell each other whenever they are spatting about something instead of doing their job... :roll:
Do they then ditch the white smocks and have a pillow fight? --- that would rock :lol: :P
----- Doug
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Green????? When did this stuff start???? I'm color blind so I never noticed anything.

Look here guys, the guys who supposedly have their names in green have a lot in common with the battle soldier who has extra stripes.

Geeze, I sure hope my good 'ole buddy Old Savage don't fall for this malarkey. :D --------------------6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:I haven't seen anything directed at me, so I guess everyone is sparing me the grief!
Shut up; I hate you. You are evil and I'm jealous, and you are clearly and consistently abusing your powers. You are a vicious Green Monster....!!!!

There, now...

I hope that made you feel a bit more 'included' in the forum ambiance. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Streetstar wrote:
AJMD429 wrote:
Ysabel Kid wrote:
Do they then ditch the white smocks and have a pillow fight? --- that would rock :lol: :P
Indeed.

:mrgreen:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Dang, I miss a few days and am now playing catch up.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost