Filing down front sight?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Filing down front sight?

Post by rangerider7 »

How does this effect the value if it corrects the point of aim after it was way off?
"That'll Be The Day"
salvo
Senior Levergunner

Post by salvo »

The way I figure, not at all. Sights can all ways be changed.
A gun that does not shoot were it is aimed is not worth much any ways.
ScottS

"No arsenal, no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."
-- Ronald Reagan
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

If you're talking about an antique Winchester or Marlin from the turn of the last century it might just ruin the value.
If you're talking about recent or current made guns it will have no effect on value at all. I switch sights around to suit me. I never give a thought to collector value some decades down the road.

You know if our ancestors would have worried about the future collectors value of their guns we'd have no used guns to fondle and use and appreciate.
They'd all be in museums.

Don't give it a second thought, set those sights to suit you.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

should not effect the value, the blade sights were made to file down to zero the user's loads.