Posting of Politically Oriented Topics

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Hobie

Posting of Politically Oriented Topics

Post by Hobie »

Gentlemen,

We shooters are being attacked and many of you are expressing your distaste for that and otherwise discussing politics at a level equal to or exceeding that before the election. However, you are forgetting to post in the politics forum. So, we're going to institute the same rule that applies in the Classifieds. If the post is in the wrong forum it is likely to disappear.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Posting of Politically Oriented Topics

Post by AJMD429 »

I doubt any of us mind in the least if we screw up and you delete our post.

We're just glad you put up with us and our antics.

We really do try to behave, honestly... :oops:
Last edited by AJMD429 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

+1
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I have noticed the sheer volume of political posts have increased exponentially!

Gee, I wonder why?
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

AJMD429 wrote:I doubt any of us mind in the least if we screw up and you delete our post.

Speaking for yourself I hope.
The one I posted he deleted instead of moving happened before this notice was posted ~or~ at least before I saw it.

I mind.

Nothing I can do about it and I can't repost because I can't access the original source any more.

Oh well.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

J Miller wrote:
AJMD429 wrote:I doubt any of us mind in the least if we screw up and you delete our post.

The one I posted he deleted instead of moving happened before this notice was posted ~or~ at least before I saw it.

I mind.

Nothing I can do about it and I can't repost because I can't access the original source any more.

Oh well.

Joe
Joe I saw your post and you yourself said it would be deleted or moved when you posted it.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

harry wrote:
J Miller wrote:

I mind.

Oh well.

Joe
Joe I saw your post and you yourself said it would be deleted or moved when you posted it.
Yeah I did, didn't I. Forgot about that. Got a lot of pelosi on my mind lately.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Post by El Chivo »

Do the political posts have a time limit? It seems there are only two pages of topics.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
Terry Murbach
Shootist

Post by Terry Murbach »

YOU LOOKEE HERE SGT PARLSOW, IF YOU KEEP UP THAT ATTITUDE YOU CAN JUST KISS YOUR NEXT MERIT RAISE IN MODERATOR'S SALARY GOODBYE. DO YOU HEAR ME ???
DISMISSED.
RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Terry Murbach wrote:YOU LOOKEE HERE SGT PARLSOW, IF YOU KEEP UP THAT ATTITUDE YOU CAN JUST KISS YOUR NEXT MERIT RAISE IN MODERATOR'S SALARY GOODBYE. DO YOU HEAR ME ???
DISMISSED.
Hah! I say...! I think we should DOUBLE his pay, and take it out of your computer budget, since you save all that wear-and-tear on your 'shift' key by keeping it locked on... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

All of a sudden, with no fanfare, the political posts are being trimmed.....Not nice :?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Hobie wrote:Gentlemen,

We shooters are being attacked and many of you are expressing your distaste for that and otherwise discussing politics at a level equal to or exceeding that before the election. However, you are forgetting to post in the politics forum. So, we're going to institute the same rule that applies in the Classifieds. If the post is in the wrong forum it is likely to disappear.

Thank you Sir, and as some say "thanks for putting up with us" and the whiners.
It is not the critic who counts
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

BlaineG wrote:All of a sudden, with no fanfare, the political posts are being trimmed.....Not nice :?
Fixed.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Hobie wrote:Gentlemen,

+1
Thanks Hobie.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
barbarosa54
Levergunner

Post by barbarosa54 »

Not sure what is desired for a "politically oriented topic", but I just hope that all the Trump hype doesn't pull the wool over peoples eyes and make them forget that the good Mr. Trump has been all over the map when it comes to gun issues. He has been anti gun and pro gun, what his true beliefs are I am afraid we will not know as he doesn't seem willing to properly lay out and "promise" that whatever his position is will hold true should he become the Republican Candidate....much less the POTUS.
I have a very hard time trusting a man that used the Bankruptcy Courts as a common way to do business. Sure does hurt a lot of innocent people other than of course himself. Will he act that was as POTUS? Is that what we really want?
We KNOW where Cruz stands on the other hand so don't let the reality TV star fool you without getting a "written in stone" answer from him regarding at least my number one topic of interest.