Tried to retire my M 94.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bearhands
Levergunner 1.0

Tried to retire my M 94.....

Post by Bearhands »

What a lament!.... I thought, since I have this wonderful Winchester M 94 (1948) that I should retire it and get myself another lever to replace it. LOL, no-can-do! I looked @ it up there on my rack and thought "What a dope, here is a wonderful rifle that fits me like a glove, shoots straight and has a feeling of history like none other I own." I guess I am just afraid I'll break it in some way or mar the finish or something.... But I'm going to stick with it for my oncoming twighlight years and be proud of myself for keeping it "real". Anyone else have these kind of feelings about their levers? Just curious, maybe I'm not the only "nut" LOL.
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

I think most all of us go through the same thing. I just pick one and go. I'm careful but that is what they were made to do. It would be like having a wife that looks like Claudia Cardinale, in her prime, and just sitting and looking at her all day. You need to squeeze her and hold her a little, plus let her do what God intended her for. :wink:

"Once Upon A Time In The West"
Last edited by rangerider7 on Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"That'll Be The Day"
C. Cash
Advanced Levergunner

Post by C. Cash »

Absolutely! Your kids or whichever relative eventually inherits it, will cherish the dings and character that you have further put into it. Enjoy it. And Welcome Sir!
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
PaperPatch
Levergunner 3.0

Post by PaperPatch »

If that rifle could talk....it would likely be cussing you for leaving it in the rack so long!!!! Not much adventure to be had there.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey, I'm the same age as your 94 and I don't want to be replaced just yet! :wink:

Welcome to the fire Bearhands.
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
GANJIRO

Post by GANJIRO »

Yes you are "nuts" totally crazy! Welcome to the asylum. :wink:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Nope, Winchester 94s are just a tool. No intrinsic or sentimental value can be attached to such. Yea, right, who am I kiddin'! :oops: :lol: :lol: What Ji said! :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

darn it you did not try hard enough.

Send that fine old firearm to an appropriate retirement home. Like mine!!
:P

Wm
Bearhands
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Bearhands »

Guys........ thanks for the re-inforcement!!!!!!!!!! I'll be taking my ole 30-30 into the woods once again! and Rangerider...... thats the way I remember Claudia Cardinale too ;-) I might even name the ole 94 "Claudia"
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson
Dave
Senior Levergunner

Post by Dave »

Well, if you aren't going to shoot it I'll trade you a non firing replica for it :D
LeverBob
Senior Levergunner

Post by LeverBob »

ATTA BOY...NOW YOU'RE COOKIN'!!!!!!!!

Guns are tools to be used by stout men & women. Levers are for the cognicenti of shooters. That fine old Winny out to be wearing a few marks made by YOU...each one reminding you of the hunts & range time put in to perfect THE MOST IMPORTANT ART OF ALL...shooting accurately under any & all conditions.

Oh Heck...you know what I mean...

Give us some range reports & pics.

LeverBob