Missouri residents take notice; time to call your State Rep

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Mike Hunter
Member Emeritus

Missouri residents take notice; time to call your State Rep

Post by Mike Hunter »

Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation to Confiscate Firearms – Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in Weapons

Missouri Democrat state Rep. Rory Ellinger has put forth H.B. 545 , which would ban “assault weapons” and many semi-automatic pistols. It would give owners of said weapons 90 days to either turn them in or get them out of the state.

After 90 days, those in possession of such weapons would face class “C” felony charges.

The legislation defines an “assault weapon” as a rifle with a detachable magazine and any “one or more of the following: a pistol grip or thumbhole stock… protruding grip that can be held by non trigger hand, a folding or telescoping stock, [or] a shroud attached to the barrel” that protects the shooter from being burned from the heat of barrel.

The legislation also bans semi-automatic pistols with a fixed magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds or a detachable magazine and “one or more of the following” features: “a protruding grip,” “a folding stock,” or “a shroud attached to the barrel” that protects the shooter from being burned from the heat of the barrel.

The legislation applies similar ban rules to semi-automatic shotguns.

Link: http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bi ... B0545I.HTM
TedH
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Missouri residents take notice; time to call your State

Post by TedH »

I just heard about that earlier today. What a load of BS. I doubt it will go anywhere, but they will sure know my thoughts on it! Thanks for posting the link.
NRA Life Member
sore shoulder
Advanced Levergunner

Post by sore shoulder »

Scary
"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." Declaration of Independance, July 4, 1776
11B30
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

:x
Mac in Mo
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mac in Mo »

Thanks for posting

Kevin
Mike Hunter
Member Emeritus

Post by Mike Hunter »

The legislator that proposed this also happens to be a partner in a St Louis law firm that handles criminal cases. Wonder how that will help his law business when tens of thousands of law abiding Missourians become felons overnight.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Saw this on Fox today, pitiful.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Tempest in a teapot.

This was started by two very liberal representatives in a part of St. Louis County that tends to be purple. They are pandering to their base and trying to take advantage of the national news. They know this won't go anywhere because of the Republican super majority. In fact, the Mo. legislature has been working on a firearms owners protection law that would prohibit federal officials from taking firearms purchased in Mo. and retained in Mo. I suspect these two termites are doing this as a push back against that.

Post by BigMuddy »

Larkbill wrote:Tempest in a teapot.

This was started by two very liberal representatives in a part of St. Louis County that tends to be purple. They are pandering to their base and trying to take advantage of the national news. They know this won't go anywhere because of the Republican super majority. In fact, the Mo. legislature has been working on a firearms owners protection law that would prohibit federal officials from taking firearms purchased in Mo. and retained in Mo. I suspect these two termites are doing this as a push back against that.
EXACTLY! Who ever heard of these scum suckers before they got national attention with this ridiculous attempt. Missouri has become and is a VERY pro gun state. In a conversation with my representative one time, he said to me "Dan, we have passed concealed carry, we have made it easier for you to shoot someone that enters your home or property; I don't think we are going to take away your 2nd Amendment rights".

One of these maggots used to be a body guard for Martin Luther King..un-armed no doubt. His daughter is also a criminal defense attorney.

Dan