Marlin 57 .22mag.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Marlin 57 .22mag.

Post by JerryB »

A friend from church came by today with a new old levergun that he just bought. I have not seen one of these in years, a Marlin Levermatic 57 .22mag made in 1969. I believe that was the last year of production for that model. He didn't know what he had but was sure glad to have it.The rifle has more than 80% blue left and only a couple of marks on that beautiful walnut stock and came with a big scope that should make him a good coyote rifle. $425 out the door.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Mescalero
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Marlin 57 .22mag.

Post by Mescalero »

Sweet.
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

Those Marlin 57's are indeed a pretty good rifle. Your friend might be interested to know that one of our members (a man in his 70's) at Hat Creek Rifle & Pistol Club in Burney, California, used his Marlin 57M equipped with a receiver sight to shoot a perfect 60 out of 60 score with CCI ammunition in an NRA Cowboy Lever Action Pistol Cartridge Silhouette match held at our club last February. I was privileged to be there directing that match. This score beats the NRA National Record score, but is not recognized by the NRA as a record score because the score was fired in an "Approved" (local club) match and they only recognize for national records a score shot in a "Registered" match (regional, state, or national level matches). Either way about it, the man did good! Our club recognized his feat with a beautiful engraved bronze trophy to commemorate the occasion. Nobody can beat that score! :D

California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

That model was dubbed "levermatic".They have a short 30 degree throw to the lever action making them extremely fast.There were four calibers to the levermatic series under different model numbers.They were .22LR,.22Magnum,.256 Win Mag and .30 carbine.
You got an extremely good price.

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Nobody can beat that score. Love it.

That man has flyer eyes. what does he do for a living?

Grizz
Shasta
Senior Levergunner
Location: Shasta County, the far right stronghold in California

Post by Shasta »

Grizz wrote:Nobody can beat that score. Love it.

That man has flyer eyes. what does he do for a living?

Grizz
If I remember correctly, he is retired from the aero-space industry. Not sure exactly what he did.

SHASTA
California Rifle & Pistol Association LIFE Member
National Rifle Association BENEFACTOR LIFE Member

http://www.hcrpclub.org/schedule.html

avatar pic is Shasta Dam, Shasta Lake, & Mt. Shasta
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I had one, the last few months I was in the military (mid-1966) - It was great for popping all the rabbits that usually were sitting in (dirt) road side fields on the Ft.Bragg Military Reservation (Hunting in the more remote areas there was allowed at the time - IDK if it still is).

JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Shasta, it sounds like that 'ol boy knows his rifle. This morning at church he said he shot it enough to get the scope close to zero. I think he needs to try some different ammo,his might like the CCI too. He is well satisfied with the rifle, he was shooting Winchester.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Those are classics, and I would love to have one...

...almost as purty as the Ruger 96's :wink: ...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "