lymans peep site any advantages over williams?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
remshooter
Levergunner 1.0

lymans peep site any advantages over williams?

Post by remshooter »

lymans peep site any advantages over williams?have always used willams peeps, now need a new site for rifle .lymans is about 20 to 25 higher ,is it any better or any advantiges ,oh i always used the williams foolproof site
Hobie

Re: lymans peep site any advantages over williams?

Post by Hobie »

Not the aluminum version. The steel is steel which is advantage to some. Get the Williams FP.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I've had both the steel Lymans and aluminum Williams, and like both, but the Williams won't rust, and is nice, if not 'nostalgic', looking and seems to have a precision mechanism. I plan to put the Lyman on a parkerized levergun I have, and parkerize it (as it has some surface rust), since the jet-black Williams looks a bit out of place on a parkerized gun.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

The Lyman's advantage is that it can be adjusted simply by pushing a button and moving the bar, and then returned to the original setting with just the push of a button. No tools required.

Since both are now made from recycled beer cans the material is a wash. I have both on my lever guns. I use the Williams FP on my 30-30s and the Lymans on my hand gun caliber guns. No particular reason, it just worked out that way.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

The Lyman is better for being able to adjust on the fly. My 1886 with heavy loads bent the base of the aluminium Lyman allowing the aperture to flop around. Fixed with vise grips. I'll replace it someday with a steel one or a tang sight.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
1894c

Post by 1894c »

Hobie wrote:Not the aluminum version. The steel is steel which is advantage to some. Get the Williams FP.
what HOBIE said...my personal choice too...i've used them for years, have used skinners, but in the end i always buy Williams FP ... :)