Movie shots

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
El Chivo
Advanced Levergunner

Movie shots

Post by El Chivo »

I see lots of lame shots in movies. They have the squibs, and blood, but they still blow it.

Like a guy is shot in a restroom, with a mirror behind him. The shot sprays blood on the mirror, but the mirror doesn't break.

One I noticed in Saving Private Ryan, they put talcum powder in there so a big puff of dust pops up. Since when did Germans wear dusty uniforms?

And blood spurting out the front with the shot. The real life shots I've seen had everything coming out the back, nothing out the front.
"I'll tell you what living is. You get up when you feel like it. You fry yourself some eggs. You see what kind of a day it is."
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Movie shots

Post by piller »

Most of the people who make movies have never even shot a gun, and the movies are usually meant for an audience who wouldn't know a .357 from a .45-70.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

Movies hardly ever reflect real life :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
bdhold

Post by bdhold »

worst one I ever saw was in Open Range. The guy shot with a shotgun flies through a plank wall.

its no wonder people Believe in JFK conspiracy theories - it wouldn't happen that way in the movies.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Movies? What are they?
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

L_Kilkenny
Senior Levergunner

Post by L_Kilkenny »

Julie and I were watching a movie last night and I asked her when a rear window was shot out why didn't the windshield not also receive a hole? Is the air inside a car that thick as to deaden the flight of a bullet? Inquiring minds want to know......
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I remember seeing in the old B westerns where the wax bullets stick to the empty wooden barrels the good guy hides behind in a shoot out.. :?
Whatever you do always give 100%........... unless you are donating blood.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'll never forget The Duke's 10,000 shot M-16 :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
MrMurphy
Senior Levergunner

Post by MrMurphy »

Kilkenny, auto safety glass is tough stuff.

I've seen a rear window shot out (8 rounds of mixed 9mm and .40) partially (the whole rear window wasn't gone, but a good chunk was) and of all 8 rounds, aimed at the driver from the rear bumper of an unmoving car, only one hit him.

The rest ended up in the upholstery, floor, roof, etc.

Front window was intact, minor spalling from stuff flying around.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Borregos wrote:Movies hardly ever reflect real life :D
True....

but on the other hand, sometimes in real-life you see stuff that is downright strange, and even so much so that you might call it 'unrealistic' if it had been a movie instead of real-life... :lol:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
John in MS
Levergunner 2.0

Post by John in MS »

My Dad's best friend was an infantry platoon leader in Europe from right after D-day through the Battle of the Bulge.
He was in a lot of combat and suffered badly from PTSD/survivor guilt all of his life. He almost never talked about
his experiences, but did mention that the first German that he killed (I am guessing that he SAW UP CLOSE that he killed),
he shot with an M1 rifle (not carbine). The German swelled up enough that several buttons popped off his uniform. He was horrified,
and vomited immediately after. Shooting the German was something he had to do, but he was sorry that he had to.
He took no pleasure in it.

"Since when did Germans wear dusty uniforms?" Since they went to the field in wool uniforms. Hitting the dirt, riding
in open trucks or marching on dusty roads while vehicles went by, etc. At Ft. Polk, I rode through dust so thick we couldn't
see the vehicles in front of us. Open jeeps. Covered with dust within 1-2 minutes.

I can see dust flying off a field-worn wool tunic when hit with a high velocity bullet. (Ever beat a rug to clean it and see the dust fly?) I've also seen it fly off animals before.

All kinds of weird things happen when high velocity bullets hit tissue.

John
"Pistols do not win wars, but they save the lives of the men who do. The noble 1911 is a mechanical marvel, whose ruggedness, dependability & ferocious power have comforted four issues of GIs and which, unlike any other instrument you can name, is as much superior to its rivals today as it was in 1917."
-Col. Jeff Cooper, 1968
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

anybody don't believe in JFK conspiracy ain't ever seen nuthin shot :D and - just believes whatever the govt. tells them. :(
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...