CCW reciprosity map

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

CCW reciprosity map

Post by JReed »

Found this while surfing the web. http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry ... _maps.html
I am going for my North Carolina CCW permit and was pleased to see how many states I will be able to carry in. :D
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Hobie

Re: CCW reciprosity map

Post by Hobie »

Welcome to VA!
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

See that big black spot there in the middle, thats me, kinda ironic that I'm trusted to carry in 31 states in this nation on my Florida NON-RESIDENT permit, but not trusted off my own property in my home state.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I liked my NC permit better than SC. SC is in a peeing contest with GA, and neither recognize the other's permits, though they share a border! NC and GA had reciprocity!
DBW
Senior Levergunner

Post by DBW »

Welcome to Oklahoma. :D
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

ceb wrote:See that big black spot there in the middle, thats me, kinda ironic that I'm trusted to carry in 31 states in this nation on my Florida NON-RESIDENT permit, but not trusted off my own property in my home state.
That's not a "black spot", it's a "black hole" that sucks in all the money, common sense, and creativeness of those who make the mistake of not escaping in time.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

As CEB said, Fla will issue a non resident CCW permit as long as you meet our requirements.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Thought about the Florida permit but it is fairly easy to get the NC one and they are accepted in the same areas. Sorry to you folks in Ill. But hey look at the bright side the federal courts just smacked em over CCW.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

JReed wrote:Thought about the Florida permit but it is fairly easy to get the NC one and they are accepted in the same areas. Sorry to you folks in Ill. But hey look at the bright side the federal courts just smacked em over CCW.
Unfortunately for Joe and others, the parasitic politicians in IL will do their best to defy the law, and make it as difficult as possible for anyone to get a CCW. :evil:
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Ysabel Kid wrote:
JReed wrote:Thought about the Florida permit but it is fairly easy to get the NC one and they are accepted in the same areas. Sorry to you folks in Ill. But hey look at the bright side the federal courts just smacked em over CCW.
Unfortunately for Joe and others, the parasitic politicians in IL will do their best to defy the law, and make it as difficult as possible for anyone to get a CCW. :evil:
That is an understatement. Although there are some pro-CCW members of the legislature, the governor is a rabid (frothing at the mouth type) anti-hate guns and shooters gunner who recently tried to do a run around on them. In a special session they over ruled the governor and undid what he tried to do.

IF the IL legislature passes a CCW law, the gov will veto it post haste. Hopefully when that happens they can pull together enough votes to over rule him.

Grammer and spelling police, don't bother with the red pencil. Won't do no good. :wink:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
ceb
Levergunner 3.0

Post by ceb »

Yeah, our only hope is because of the court action enough votes are swayed to HB148 which fell just a few votes shy of passage last time. Otherwise I look for Illinois to become a may issue state with the "may" few and far between. :cry:
Yodar
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Yodar »

To be super safe, call the department of justice in the state(s) in which you intend to travel and ask directly if that state has CCW reciprosity with your state. Get that person's name, phone number, and title and keep the information with you. People have been arrested anyway in states that susposedly had CCW reciprosity. Utah is an example. Remember that state laws are always changing. What is OK today may not be OK tomorrow.