OT cuddly P dogs!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

OT cuddly P dogs!

Post by Nath »

Just caught on the fools lantern a feature about a collection of prairy dogs in between fetching logs in. I don't know if they are a private collection or some kind of zoo. Hope they get out :D :D
Know where are those 110g'ers :D
Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

Watch out, they are deceptive little buggers. I use a 420gr hard cast bullet out of my 45-70 and some of them need a second shot. :D
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l147/ ... C01118.jpg
Nath
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Nath »

Rite on Jengal, watch'm :lol:
Nath.
Psalm ch8.

Because I wish I could!
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

420grainers for P-dogs? Isn't that like an artillery barrage? :lol: :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Wes
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wes »

Was thinking of getting my favorite pdog gun rechambered to something a little more effective. It's only a 45-70. Maybe a 50 Alaskan.
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

Griff wrote:420grainers for P-dogs? Isn't that like an artillery barrage? :lol: :lol:
Nope, ya just gotta sneak up on em. They got eyes of a hawk, the nose of a cape buffalo and the nerves of a lion!
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Howdy,
I now know how foolish I have been going out only with a puny .20 cal rifle hunting, what I thought was a non dangerous game, P dogs. Upon further consideration I feel that it might be wise to have Jengel along, or someone along with a dangerous game gun, in case they charge. :D :D
John
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

You can never be too safe or have too big of a gun. :D

My backup P dog gun is a Savage 12 BVSS .223 with an older Burris 6-24 Signature scope. That way I can plink at em at long range before they get into charging distance. Gotta use bonded bullets though.
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

we should have a levergun P-dog hunt/get together. Last time I shot them was with an H&K 93 in SouthDakota. Went through thousands of rounds in a week of shooting. Every day we came back, they were all gone to the predators.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Mokwaw
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mokwaw »

The best way to stop charging p-dogs is to take away their credit cards. :roll:
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

Mokwaw wrote:The best way to stop charging p-dogs is to take away their credit cards. :roll:
Waa Haa Haa, That is a good one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The 1st Annual Leverguns.com P Dog Shoot sounds good to me. When and where? I have a bunch of dogs here but I would need to do a bunch of leg work to coordinate a couple of different areas. We would need quite a bit of room behind the dogs for them big levergun bullets to bounce around.

Nath, you comin??
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

sign me up for the 1rst Levergun.com P dog hunt!!

Been thinking about this a lot - We could do a fund raiser for the Jim's Trip. Perhaps auction off a .218 or a 32-20 or such. I think it would be a great idea and great fun to get together for a shoot.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I saw a news article a year or so ago about nitwits in NY buying them from some outfit for pets. Seems they take to apartment life fairly well.

They walk among us ................... :roll:

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

"Isn't that like an artillery barrage?"

One long, one short, fire for effect :lol:

Best time around here is last week of May and first two weeks of June. Fire one shot with no intention of hitting anything. At the shot, all the pups run to the home mound, then you target the mound. Flock shooting :wink:.....or maybe dog bowling.

"I saw a news article a year or so ago about nitwits in NY buying them from some outfit for pets. Seems they take to apartment life fairly well."

They can have all the ones around here, especially the ones with the plague (the ones that are left).
bigbore442001
Levergunner 3.0

Post by bigbore442001 »

I knew of a tweaky hippie chick that had a prairie dog for a pet. She told me that it bit her pretty hard . She didn't realize that they were that bad.

Then I showed her pictures of one of my summer safaris out to the Dakotas repleat with the landscape covered in dead prairie dogs from my direct actions with the Contender. 8)

Don't laugh about the prairie dogs as pets. They were selling them in RI for $150 a piece.
Wes
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wes »

The plague hit around this area some also (that is southwestern WY). I did find a few good sized towns this last fall though. We'll see this spring how many are left. If someone get's serious about this it could be great fun.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

Post by Old Ironsights »

Leverluver wrote:"Isn't that like an artillery barrage?"

One long, one short, fire for effect :lol: ...
Waste of ammo. Nothing made my FDC madder than my ability to call for fire and hit the target with the first round.

But then, by doing so I always made sure we had enough ammo left for some really neat barrages and TOT shots. 8)

Bracketing is useless unless there is popcorn on the ground... :wink:
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Well you FDC wasn't trying to hit a p-dog at 400+ yds with a buffalo gun. :lol:

Wes two years ago we were up to our knees in the dang things (east central WY), which is always a good portent of bad things to come. Within a one mile radius of my shop there were between two and three thousand. Last year, there were five (5). Gonna need a whole lot of p-dog incest going on to get those kind of numbers again.
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

Leverluver wrote: Gonna need a whole lot of p-dog incest going on to get those kind of numbers again.
That's just wrong. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: