Anyone know anything about Palmetto State Armory quality?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Anyone know anything about Palmetto State Armory quality?

Post by shooter »

Been shopping around for an upper receiver to complete my AR 15 "build" and stumbled on Palmetto State Armory. They seem to have most of the sought after aspects on their uppers - chrome lined barrel, 5.56 chrome lined chamber, full auto bolt carrier group, 1:7 twist, etc., but their prices are some of the lowest I have found. I'm just wondering if it's one of those too good to be true things, or if I should quit over thinking it and snatch one up. AR parts and kits seem to be awfully scarce, which is one reason I would like to go ahead and finish my gun before the upcoming election. I am far from an AR expert, which is why I'm asking for your input.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Anyone know anything about Palmetto State Armory quality?

Post by Mich Hunter »

PSA uppers including the barrels are made by Fabrique Nationale (FN) for Palmetto. They are the same quality as they make for Uncle Sam. They are good to go. I own a couple of their uppers myself :)
Mich Hunter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mich Hunter »

Mich hunter wrote:PSA uppers including the barrels are made by Fabrique Nationale (FN) for Palmetto. They are the same quality as they make for Uncle Sam. They are good to go and very good shooters. I own a couple of their uppers myself :)
Like most other things in the AR world, most of the parts are made by the same factory but just have a different name stamped on them.
shooter
Senior Levergunner

Post by shooter »

Thanks for the info, it's exactly what I was looking for. Now as soon as I hear back from Palmetto regarding an email I sent, I think I'm gonna get one.
‎"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen" - Samuel Adams