OT - It's official, DD-214's are NOW Online.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Ironsights
Posting leader...

OT - It's official, DD-214's are NOW Online.

Post by Old Ironsights »

The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) has provided the following website for veterans to gain access to their DD-214's online:

http://vetrecs.archives.gov/ . This may be particularly helpful when a veteran needs a copy of his DD-214 for employment purposes. NPRC is working to make it easier for veterans with computers and Internet access to obtain copies of documents from their military files. Military veterans and the next of kin of deceased former military members may now use a new online military personnel records system to request documents. Other individuals with a need for documents must still complete the Standard Form 180, which can be downloaded from the online web site. Because the requester will be asked to supply all information essential for NPRC to process the request, delays that normally occur when NPRC has to ask veterans for additional information will be minimized. The new web-based application was designed to provide better service on these requests by eliminating the records centers mailroom and processing time.

Please pass this information on to former military personnel you may know and their dependents
C2N14... because life is not energetic enough.
מנא, מנא, תקל, ופרסין Daniel 5:25-28... Got 7.62?
Not Depressed enough yet? Go read National Geographic, July 1976
Gott und Gewehr mit uns!
Idahoser

Post by Idahoser »

Looks to me a lot like the ATF website for requesting the form to apply for a C&R license-- the records aren't online, the order form is.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

DarnDust thing.....I've been retired since '92 and no one has ever asked to see the 214...... I know where it is, though. I guess they can tell just by looking at me what an honorable fella I am........Image
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Boreman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Boreman »

OI, I thought I would send a request for my military service. I could not get past the initial data required. The system did not like my date of birth,no matter how it was entered. The system called the date invalid. Has anyone else had trouble with data entry?
Model-71's forever !!!!
NRA Patriot Life Member
Endowment level
FOPA #5
GOA,Inc
WVCDL,INC
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

[when a veteran needs a copy of his DD-214 for employment purposes.]

Perish the thought. :mrgreen:
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Pete44ru wrote:[when a veteran needs a copy of his DD-214 for employment purposes.]

Perish the thought. :mrgreen:

Roger that!! :lol:
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Nice, now I can see if they updated my records prior to my discharge. Or since, as I received a medal that had been turned down about 12 years after my separation.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

That sie and info has been available for some time. You can also get copies of your commendations, etc. via a link found there. We sent for copies of all my father-in-law's medals and awards from WWII, Korea, and Viet Nam.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
jengel
Levergunner 2.0

Post by jengel »

Thanks for the link OI. I went online to request my fathers information. I have the original DD-214 but I wanted to see if there was anything different on it. I did find some papers today that were my fathers fitness reports. It is really neat to see that he was a good man that led from the front in Vietnam.
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Keep one with your will. It's necessary for your next of kin to request an honor guard or a plaque for your headstone.
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1
Bullet Bob

Post by Bullet Bob »

It can also be useful for Social Security retirement purposes, especially if you have pre-1968 periods of service.
bobbyjack
Levergunner 2.0

Post by bobbyjack »

Bullet Bob wrote:It can also be useful for Social Security retirement purposes, especially if you have pre-1968 periods of service.
Why would those be special(pre-68)periods?

Bob
Swampman
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Swampman »

I keep my DD Form 214 in the drawer by my bed. Nobody's ever asked to see it.
"I have reached up to the gun rack and taken down the .30/30 carbine by some process of natural selection, not condoned perhaps by many experts but easily explained by those who spend long periods in the wilderness areas."~Calvin Rutstrum~

"You come to the swamp, you better leave your skirt at the house"~Dave Canterbury~
Bullet Bob

Post by Bullet Bob »

bobbyjack, go to the link below - extra earnings are added to your record for your military service, but you need proof (usually a DD214) for pre-68 service.

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/retire2/military.htm#1967