A humble thanks to them and theirs who serve our country

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

A humble thanks to them and theirs who serve our country

Post by Tycer »

I am a selfish, spoiled rotten person. When my forum goes down, I panic.

I do not need anything, but I want more. It's embarrassing.

I have clothing, water, shelter, transportation, but it's not good enough. It's shameful.

In all humility I sincerely thank the military men and women who have, with honor, served, serve now and will serve at some future time to keep me and my family free.

I promise to serve my family, community and nation to the best of my abilities to honor the servicemen and women, their families and their sacrifices.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Tycer
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Tycer, those are kind words appreciated by all. Thanks.

Dont be ashamed of all you have, be proud!! This is OUR country, built by the toil of millions of hardworking Americans and defended by millions of others. We have EARNED what we have, we are still the envy of the world, and people are literally dying to get here. Be proud!
Hobie

Post by Hobie »

jnyork wrote:Tycer, those are kind words appreciated by all. Thanks.

Dont be ashamed of all you have, be proud!! This is OUR country, built by the toil of millions of hardworking Americans and defended by millions of others. We have EARNED what we have, we are still the envy of the world, and people are literally dying to get here. Be proud!
Dittos.
Sincerely,

Hobie

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend." Robert Louis Stevenson
neil mitchell
Levergunner 1.0

Post by neil mitchell »

Thank You !

Neil
NRA,Disabled Vietnam Veteran
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

+2 to what jnyork said.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
Rod WMG
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rod WMG »

Well said everyone!
A man's heart devises [or schemes] his way, but the LORD directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Armies and navies don't just appear out of thin air, nor do the men and women who fill those ranks simply appear from great puffs of smoke that billow forth from the pocket of some officer of government.

The relationship between the civilian population and the military ranks is a co-dependency, as one could not exist without the other.

Each and every man and woman who wears a uniform of any branch of the military of this nation was once a citizen who saw the need, and then stepped forward to serve. Our military could not exist without dedicated civilians to fill the ranks, to produce the materials required to support those ranks, and to provide funding to pay for both those men and the materials they use.

Conversely, our civilian population would live in a vastly different world were our military resources not available to reinforce our political beliefs and to protect our citizens and their interests around the world.

It is our civilian life that creates these ideals and raises men who will put themselves on the line because they believe that there is something worth protecting. It is our military that takes raw recruits and turns them into iron men, ready and able to defend our nation and our way of life.

So, the military deserves our hear-tfelt thanks and gratitude for doing the dirty work as the point of our great spear, but it is a great and free People that crafted that weapon and manufactured it's every component.

Everybody plays a part, and no part is greater than the whole.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

Thanks but dont feel too bad, Deployed Soldiers get totally upset when the INTERNET TENT goes down or is closed.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Tycer -

Well said - as always. I whole-heartidly agree. Thank you guys (and gals)!!! :D
Jeeps
Levergunner 3.0

Re: A humble thanks to them and theirs who serve our country

Post by Jeeps »

Tycer wrote:I am a selfish, spoiled rotten person. When my forum goes down, I panic.

I do not need anything, but I want more. It's embarrassing.

I have clothing, water, shelter, transportation, but it's not good enough. It's shameful.

In all humility I sincerely thank the military men and women who have, with honor, served, serve now and will serve at some future time to keep me and my family free.

I promise to serve my family, community and nation to the best of my abilities to honor the servicemen and women, their families and their sacrifices.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Tycer
A truly rich man is one who appreciates what he has, and I can tell you do.
Jeeps

Semper Fidelis

Pay attention to YOUR Bill of Rights, in this day and age it is all we have.