Something's not right . . .

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Something's not right . . .

Post by Noah Zark »

There were two gunshows within reasonable driving distance this weekend and I didn't have the desire to go to either of them. Stayed home and played with the toys I have.

Must be catching something . . .

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Noah,
Isn't that something! My wife tells me that on the radio, they are advertising for a gunshow in Gilbertsville. She says, "Aren't you going?" I says, "Nope, I have gunshow burnout from the last 10 weekends".
Did 'ya ever notice the most and better quality gunshows are in Jan., Feb., and half way through March. Thats because we all start to "get a life" again come springtime!--------------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

The local show has maybe half a dozen tables (a Forumite from here usually has one) worth seeing and since said Forumite is there before the show opens, he has already snagged all the goodies, bless his heart.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

I think you are both onto something!

I know I have started to 'shift gears' as baseball season approaches.

Wm
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

wm wrote:I think you are both onto something!

I know I have started to 'shift gears' as baseball season approaches.

Wm
As a Seattle fan, the memories from last season are just too painful to start thinking about BBall this early.....****/sniff*
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Marlin .35
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Marlin .35 »

I used to go to every gun show that was advertised. Now I am very selective. WHY????? I am sick of seeing the same old deallers with the same overpriced guns, that want to give you $200.00 trade in on your mint model 29. Am also sick of the T-shirt, blowgun, Miragle Glue and stuff tables. These are costing the gun industry money and are wittling down the number of prospective buyers, not to mention the lost money at the gate for whatever organization is sponsering the event!!! Art
Dead Calm is alive and well!!!!!!!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Baseball season??? Y'all shoot baseballs?

How do ya gut one of them things?
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Yuma gunshow this weekend had a table selling Girl Scout cookies, plus the tables full of junky Chinese swords, crappy jewelry, worn out camo GI clothing, etc. Still, there were some guns if you looked hard! :(
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

My neighbor had the NRA table going in to the show at Yuma, you could not miss him, bet he was the biggest guy at the show
awp101
Advanced Levergunner

Post by awp101 »

Yep I only hit them every couple of months now, if that, and it looks like we're going to lose one as it is.
BlaineG wrote:As a Seattle fan, the memories from last season are just too painful to start thinking about BBall this early.....****/sniff*
Gee whiz, I have the Rangers to look forward too... :roll:
Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits.
-Mark Twain

Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:13

Got to have a Jones for this
Jones for that
This running with the Joneses boy
Just ain't where it's at
big medicine
Levergunner 1.0

Post by big medicine »

Most of the guys I know go to the gun shows for the social event of BS'n over the gun show lunch. It is the same old basement dealers with their same old over priced junk tha they have been draging to shows for years. I get tired of their song and dance about how rare their model 336 Marlin is and that is why it cost $400. I only go to a couple shows any more and that is just to see a bunch of my friends that go for the same reason. I do usually get my powder and bullets from one guy that ALWAYS has great prices, he realizes the way to turn a profit is to sell things for a good price.
IN MEMORY OF PFC JEFFREY ALAN AVERY, 571st MP CO, KIA 23 APR 2007, AGE 19,MUQUDADIYAH,IRAQ
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I seldom go to a gunshow anymore. Used to never miss one. However, the closest to me is the same weekend as our club's SASS shoot. While I'd have time on Sat. after the shoot to stop by, I ain't parking in a lot with a bunch of clearly gun related stuff in the back of the p/u! I mighta been born @ nite, but it weren't last nite! :lol:
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
mescalero1
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mescalero1 »

Yaeh,
Good thinking Griff, you're just asking for an unfortunate incident if you do that
leverhunter
Levergunner 1.0

Post by leverhunter »

I wish there were some gun shows to go to!!!
I must live in the only part of Alberta that dosen't have one.
Easter weekend is the big Calgary show, held every year. Am planning to get to it providing bthe weather is good. Three hours one way. Haven't been in a few years. Missed the Lethbridge one last month, only 1 1/2hour away, can't believe I just forgot it was that weekend. Many smaller towns in Alberta hold them a couple times a year. Not really sure why my area dosen't hold at least one.
Live to hunt and fish, your life depends upon it!
Travis Morgan
Senior Levergunner

Post by Travis Morgan »

Sounds like you just stumbled onto a money making idea, right there. Check the gun show schedule and start your own!
Hunter Ed. instructor
NRA Basic pistol Inst.
NRA Personal protection inst.
NRA Range safety officer

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. Psalm 1