The fastest levergunner

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

The fastest levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

How fast can you make a lever-action gun spit-out it's bullets? (Be aware, pinched and cut fingers can result--I know.)

Are there any YouTube videos showing a guy shooting a lever gun real fast?

Then there's, fast AND accurate.

Your personal videos of fast levering are very welcome!

Don
Arminius
Levergunner 2.0

Re: The fastest levergunner

Post by Arminius »

"Winchester 73"

Nuff said.

Hermann
Hawkins
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Hawkins »

For fast and accurate, go here and click on the first few under "Open/Traditional". Rifle targets are 16" squares, set at 18 yards, 1 yard apart. There's pistol and shotgun in these strings, and it's all fast:

http://www.spencerhoglund.com/worldrecords.html

For the very fastest rifle shooting, scroll about halfway down the page to the 'Rifle' section. Splits between shots are about 0.15 seconds. And trust me, most folks who've practiced enough to shoot that fast, are plenty accurate too.

Hawkins
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Jacko
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Jacko »

I have never seen a Cowboy Shooting Match and only seen these and a few other Video's - I'm amazed, truely amazed at the Skill on display. A mate of mine used to Shoot Cowboy Action and talks fondly of it, suggested I go along to his old Club for a look - I gotta go, just know I'll get Hooked :lol:

regards Jacko
Richardx
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Richardx »

Jacko,

Stay away from them cowboy action people-they will invite you in, loan you guns, give you tips, make you feel very welcome, beg you to come back, in general you might have a good time and thenyou think every thing is ok you start buying guns and then you need spare guns, and when you least expect it you have all these new friends and you'll be going everywhere to dress like a cowboy and SHOOT!

Beware!
RichardX
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uGICBfDFdQ
Maybe not the fastest, but I am not sure that I have seen faster with the full power loads being used in the video of our own 86er. He is shooting Piller's rossi M92 in .480 Ruger caliber. The loads are 26.5 grains of WW296 pushing a 325 grain Hornady XTP bullet. The brass is Starline, the primer is WLP. These loads have been chronoed at 1600fps+ and do kick a little more than the factory 300 grain loads in my Marlin Guide Gun. All were aimed shots at the Krodle Safari Trainer (or the Piller Plinker as RKrodle calls it. RKrodle designed it and built it, but claims that I gave him the idea.) I know that these were not the fastest shots, but I do claim that I haven't seen anything faster with full power loads and aimed shots. The M92 had not even had 500 rounds through it at the time, and was not even broken in. I did spray it down with Smith & Wesson Dry Lube spray containing Teflon. I am still trying to talk PillHer into letting me purchase the DVD and parts kit from Nate Kiowa Jones (Steve's Guns). Anyway, when the power and recoil of what is being used is factored in, I am not so sure I have ever seen better.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Borregos
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Borregos »

It is certainly a whole new ball game with full house loads :D :D
Pete
Sometimes I wonder if it is worthwhile gnawing through the leather straps to get up in the morning..................
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

check out CAS shooter Lead Dispencer...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

Lots of good videos of fast shooting.

Here's one that's a little different but very practical. This guy can shoot. It would be even more realistic if he'd start walking with hand off of gun, stop and then shoot. Starting with back to target would also be a good one. Big, bad bears come from all directions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XCB4A91 ... =endscreen

Don
rbertalotto
Senior Levergunner

Post by rbertalotto »

1873 Winchester clone, short stroked ion a light recoiling cartridge (Cowboy 45 Special, 32 Mag, 38 Special , 44 Special)

All ten cases still in the air when the tenth shot is fired.........now that's FAST!
Roy B
Dartmouth, MA
www.rvbprecision.com
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Now that is PRACTICAL shooting at its best. No fancy contest or artificial timed situations - just get the bullet where it needs to be promptly.

I'll have to try that quick-shouldering technique; I usually carry muzzle-down on the left side.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ji in Hawaii
Senior Levergunner

Post by Ji in Hawaii »

Browning BL-22 must be pretty fast shooting owing to it's short stroke lever, and compact 22LR chambering.

Illegitimus Non Carborundum
Akā, ʻo ka poʻe hilinaʻi aku iā Iēhova, e ulu hou nō ko lākou ikaika;
E piʻi ʻēheu aku nō lākou i luna, e like me nā ʻaito;
E holo nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e māloʻeloʻe,
E hele mua nō lākou, ʻaʻole hoʻi e maʻule.
`Isaia 40:31
getitdone1
Senior Levergunner

Post by getitdone1 »

rbertalotto wrote:1873 Winchester clone, short stroked ion a light recoiling cartridge (Cowboy 45 Special, 32 Mag, 38 Special , 44 Special)

All ten cases still in the air when the tenth shot is fired.........now that's FAST!
rbertalotto,

That is fast ! Sure like to see that.

"Short stroked?" You mean the gun was modified so you don't have to move the lever as far? Would the clone be a Uberti? Think I have to have one of those in 357 mag.

Don