spotted at gun show: marlin in 375 win for $275.00

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

spotted at gun show: marlin in 375 win for $275.00

Post by hfcable »

beautiful 94 big bore in 307 winchester with very nice wood for $475.00....the marlin looked like a canoe paddle, wood had little finish and metal only a little better, needed major cosmetics, and i have a very nice 307 big bore already.
snagged a savage 24-V 223/20 combo gun for 285.00, like new. also found 10 boxes of factory 307 that he let me have for $100.00 total. so i did good anyway.
cable
handirifle
Senior Levergunner

Post by handirifle »

I had a chance to buy a 307 2 years ago for $400 but passed :( , wish now I hadn't. I was looking for a 356 at the time.

Now with the marlin 308 ME released, seems to me the 307 would be a perfect Win version.
ArcticGoose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ArcticGoose »

Cable,
I guess I should have figured that you would make it out to Palmer for the show. I'm afraid I did not have your restraint in regards to the Winchester Big Bore in 307 as it followed me home. It will be in good company with my 375. I had a pre-safety in 356 and regret having traded it off years ago. This is still a gun that I feel strongly needs to be replaced. If anyone has a pre-safety Winchester Big Bore in 356 they are looking to sell please pm me. Anyway, no new gun post is complete without a picture, so:

[img][img]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s257 ... 0016-1.jpg[/img]

I guess your the one that went away with all the 307 ammo, which explains why none could be found. Great deal on the shells btw. I really need to get to these shows earlier. :D
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

well, i got a 356 with dies, and goodies including 11 boxes of ammo from a banker for $325.00 a few years ago, and a 307 for $250.00 and for that matter a 7x30 waters for 225.00 all about the same year!
the marlin 375 for 275.00 was on a table along the eastern wall at the show, but it was really rough looking. you got a nice looking 307! did he offer to sell yousome ammo, said he had some at home. the 10 boxes i got were all 150 gr winchester factory loads.
it was a nice show, lots of other neat pieces for a change.
cable
ArcticGoose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ArcticGoose »

Cable,
Sounds like that was a pretty good year! I saw the Marlin you were talking about, your right, it was pretty rough. The guy I got the 307 from didn't mention anything about ammo and was pretty busy while I was there. Unfortunatly, I don't have any reloading stuff for this thing yet. If you know of some in our neighborhood, let me know. It was nice to see a few more leverguns showing up for sale. If I had known you were going to be there I'd have bought you coffee.

If you decide part of your herd thinning might include your 356, please feel free to get in touch.

Now that I have a 307, I got to wondering if maybe Hornady will make the Leverevolution bullets available as a component. Might be kind of interesting.