.45 colt Tite Group load

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

.45 colt Tite Group load

Post by JReed »

Hey all
I was at my local shop today to get some supplys to load my .45colts. they were out of Unique they had lots of 2400 and H110 but I am not reloading warm to hot loads right now. They had some Tite Goup at a decent price so I picked some up also grabed a box of Hornady 250gr XTP's. I am using Win brass and Win large pistol primers. Anyone have any recomendations for a load using Tite Group?

Thanks
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

To err is human, To forgive is devine, Neither of which is Marine Corps policy
Semper Fidelis
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

My Hornady 5th edition sez:

45 Colt Std load w/ Titegroup - 5.4 min. to 6.3 max grains for 600 to 750 fps.

HTH
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Jeremy -

Check out the Hodgdon website - it is awesome for load information!

http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp

I like Titegroup. Let us know how it works for you! :D
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Thanks guys.

I had looked at those just wanted to see if anyone was using it and what load they found worked well.
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gary rice »

JReed wrote:Thanks guys.

I had looked at those just wanted to see if anyone was using it and what load they found worked well.
jeremy, where do you buy your reloading goods? as i recall we live pretty close to each other. their is a turners just around the corner from where i live in san marcos but another place in fallbrook called cal customs. cal customs usually carries a good amount of components and plenty of unique and at a decent price. turners is very limited as to what they carry. i go there every week but i dont know why as it never changes.
g rice
JReed
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JReed »

Gary
I went to Cal Customs. They usually do have a great selection but he was out of Unique for the moment. I try not to go to Turners if I can go to the local little guy. Turners sucks they never have anything worth while to me. Every time I go in there I end up giving the gun counter guys an education on what they have behind the counter.

Normaly I would just wait until Cal has what I want but I have a bunch of reloading to do if I want to have anything to shoot at the get together next month. By the way are you going?
Jeremy
GySgt USMC Ret

Semper Fidelis
AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

I use 6 grains. I can then keep my powder measure set and switch freely between 45 LC and 44-40 WCF. This load makes a good plinking load.
longarm4146
Levergunner 2.0

Post by longarm4146 »

been using titegroup exclusively for over 4 yrs for cowboy shooting....use 5-5.3 with 250 cast bullet for 700-735 fps depending on which guns I'm shooting. Its clean, meters well, and goes a long way, and is not positional sensitive in those big cases. Hope this helps..
SASS 4146
BOLD 199
gary rice
Levergunner 2.0

Post by gary rice »

JReed wrote:Gary
I went to Cal Customs. They usually do have a great selection but he was out of Unique for the moment. I try not to go to Turners if I can go to the local little guy. Turners sucks they never have anything worth while to me. Every time I go in there I end up giving the gun counter guys an education on what they have behind the counter.

Normaly I would just wait until Cal has what I want but I have a bunch of reloading to do if I want to have anything to shoot at the get together next month. By the way are you going?
HI JEREMY, DOING GOOD. LOL, I TOO HAVE COUNSELED TURNERS ABOUT WHAT SUPPLIES THEY NEED TO BE CARRYING, THEY DONT HAVE A CLUE.
g rice