I need a vertical gun rack

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
pullnshoot25
Levergunner 1.0

I need a vertical gun rack

Post by pullnshoot25 »

I need a couple of single rifle vertical gun racks but I cannot find them for the life of me. You can find the horizontal ones all day long but not the vertical ones.

Anyone know where I can find such a gun rack or a couple sets of them? My Marlin 336 and Win 94 need a home in my room.
mad mucus
Levergunner 1.0

Post by mad mucus »

Have a go at making your own...take a look at some CAS/SASS gun carts for ideas... keep it simple.

Mucus :wink:
"Outlaw firearms and only the outlaws will have them."
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

One thought... we used to store all our long guns in the corners of the house. The key is muzzle down. That way any excess oil or bore cleaner that happens to be in the action won't settle down into the stock.

Rusty <><
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

One rack I made to replace gun safe shelves that worked well used a board on the wall and one on the bottom of a shelf, the two connected with 3/6" hardwood dowels at an angle to the forward. This yielded an easy way to store guns muzzle up or down, and get them out way more easily than the usual gun safe side and rear racks. The dowels allowed all lengths of guns to be stored, unlike some gun safe interiors. If that sounds interesting I can try to get a pic posted this weekend.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Time Hunter
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old Time Hunter »

Like this?

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

gander mountain sells them. I have one, they come in oak and walnut color. $79 I think.
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
rangerider7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rangerider7 »

Look at this website. He does and great job.

http://www.gunstands.com/rifle.htm
"That'll Be The Day"
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

AJMD429 wrote: If that sounds interesting I can try to get a pic posted this weekend.
YES! Please do!!! :D
JohnnyReb
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JohnnyReb »

If you need vertical racks for a vehicle, I suggest army surplus.... I have 2 for my jeep that can attach to the dash or (with some mods) to the rollbar.
Redneck suicide note: Here, hold my beer and watch this!!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Here's a couple photos of the 'dowel rack'.

I thought about making the next one with thinner steel rods with clear plastic tubing slipped over them, but don't know it would be that much better (might make room for one more gun!)...

Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
WIN 1894
Levergunner 1.0

Post by WIN 1894 »

If for vehicle try Big Sky Racks at 406-586-9393. Their racks will accomodate just about any vehicle. :) :)