Unscientific poll on blood pressure and leverguns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.

Is your blood pressure affected by your thinking of a gun?

It will consistently go UP.
40%
It will consistently go DOWN
47%
It has no effect or varies.
13%

Total votes: 15
kirkwood
Levergunner 2.0

Unscientific poll on blood pressure and leverguns

Post by kirkwood »

I noticed something interesting and would like to see if anyone here has had the same experience. :?:

If you have access to a blood pressure monitor, try this: take your pressure normally thinking about nothing in particular. Then re-take your blood pressure after thinking for a minute about a gun - it could be thoughts about cleaning your favorite gun or thoughts about hunting with it, shooting it, etc.

Now did your blood pressure go up or down? For me, my blood pressure will consistenly drop by several points in both numbers and my heart rate also goes down. So if my rate normally is 127/73 and 64 bps, this might change to 120/65 and 59 bps. It doesn't matter if I switch the order of the test around. I've tried this several days in a row now, and it is consistently reduced. It seems like thinking about my guns is good for my health! However, I could also see that a person might have an opposite reaction and be excited when thinking about guns. So what effect (if any) does it have for you? I know this is unscientific, but it might be fun to compare results. :)
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

If this thread is still around mid April I'll be able to answer it. My sawbones usually checks my BP twice with each visit so I'll try your method.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

It goes up but its a GOOD up. (if that makes any sense) When I see certain guns at gunshows or at the club, (usually an '86 or some other old Winchester or SA Colt) I get excited so it must go up. While relaxing at home fondling my Winchesters, I get a sense of sereneness which I'm sure results in a lower BP. Everynight, in bed, I read a portion of the Madis book and then blooooooop, I'm out. So, (I'm mixed up) it goes down and up--depending on the circumstances.---------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ahhhh.....The clot thickens.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV