Canadian Centennial

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Stinger4me
Levergunner

Canadian Centennial

Post by Stinger4me »

Someone here may be able to give me some information. Back in the 60's Winchester made a Canadian Centennial and a Classic. The finish on the receivers is black and looks different than the bluing on the barrel. Does anybody have any details about the finish? Thanks for the help with this.
OD*
Member Emeritus

Post by OD* »

They had black chrome plated receivers.
Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
End the cycle of hatred, don't give them a tomorrow.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

As OD says, they are black chromed and I might add that I harvested my first deer with one back in 1968 when I was 14 :D I would also like to add that they are excellent shooters as mine will shoot into less than 2" at 100.------------Sixgun
Yes, It’s Mighty, No Need To Prove It…..
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

If you get your mitts on one, take care that any screwdriver you may use has a blade shorter than the length of a given screw's slot - an exact-fitting or too-long screwdriver blade will chip the chrome around the screw hole.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I saw one in a local shop about a week ago. If you're interested PM me and I send you their info.
Pretty nice shape and I theink they were asking $495.

8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
bfm
Levergunner

Post by bfm »

I have seen at least four up for sale around here recently and they seem to go pretty cheap. All were in very good shape.

Winchester 94 30.30 90xxx $249.95 OCT BBL MARKED CANADIAN CENTENNIAL 67

This one is still up for sale at a shop.