'86 Stock

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Wes
Levergunner 2.0

'86 Stock

Post by Wes »

I have a new(er) 86 TD with a pistol grip and crescent butt plate. It's a good shootin' rifle but will numb your arm when it's even a little out of position. I'd like to get a shotgun style stock put on and wondered if any of you knew who would or could take care of that? I thought about lacing a leather pad on it if I can get my harness guy to make one. Has anyone tried this? Thanks
marlin shooter
Levergunner 2.0

Post by marlin shooter »

Wes
I have a Win (mirokou) mod92 in .44 mag with a crescent butt that bite's a little so I am having our member Lever's make a Butt cuff for it to see if this help's. I have not received it yet but am hoping it work's. I am not a fan of the crescent butt. I will post result's.
Karl
kimwcook
Advanced Levergunner

Post by kimwcook »

Dan Printz, from this site should be able to help you. There's also a leathersmith on the forum that makes lace up shoulder pads that could make one for your rifle without changing the buttstock. I don't recall his name or website right off hand. Someone should pipe up soon with that info.
Old Law Dawg
Leverluver
Senior Levergunner

Post by Leverluver »

Yup, put a shotgun butt on my 86 Browning less than six months after I got it. Takes the sting out of things. I got it as a 95% fitted stock from Columbia Precision (before they broke into two companies). It didn't take much work to fit.
randy merta
Levergunner

Post by randy merta »

Here's what I did to mine. This gun is now even more fun to shoot.
I am now looking for a peep sight of some sort for this pea shooter.
Randy
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

i use lace one pad with sorbacoil inner pad; works great, gives me a little greater pull length, which i need, doesn't alter the gun permanently, cost less, looks 'authentic', protects the buttplate and toe of stock.......need i say more, i am convinced this way is best for me.
cable
Wes
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Wes »

Thanks for the ideas. I think my wallet will dictate the butt cuff for now. This gun is going to need re-blued as well because of some deep rust pits on outside of receiver.