Family tree

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
harry
Senior Levergunner

Family tree

Post by harry »

I just found out that my Great,Great,Great Grandfather was from/buried in Antioch,GA (Abbottsford Troup County Georgia) died 1851. Any of you Georgia men know where this is or close to? His name was Lewis H. Bennett
Harry
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Family tree

Post by JerryB »

I believe Antioch is in the northeast corner of Georgia in the mountains, very pretty country. The movie Deliverance was filmed up that way I think.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Antioch is in North Central Georgia, just South of the border of the Chattahoochee National Forest's Southern edge, West of the town of Dahionega, NW of Gainesville.

Batman1939
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Batman1939 »

If you try Google Earth (free downloads available) you could just "fly" to your point of interest and then go down to ground level to see the details. Very interesting application if you've never tried it. And fairly simple--I'm no computer whiz by any means. Enjoy (and beware for this application can be addictive). You can "travel" virtually anywhere in the world.
Stan in SC
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Stan in SC »

I am from Troup County,Georgia.The county seat is LaGrange.It is located in extreme west central Georgia.Much of Troup county's western border is Alabama. A lot of the area in and around Abbots Ford was inundated by West Point Lake which was impounded in 1965.Google the Troup County historical society to get a contact person.
One of the last if not the absolute last battles of the civil war was fought in Troup County at the town of West Point(my home town) 14 days AFTER Lee's surrender at Appomatox Court House.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Abbottsford-Georgia.html

Stan in SC
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45-70,it's almost a religion