York Pa. Gunshow------Be There!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

York Pa. Gunshow------Be There!!

Post by Sixgun »

The York Pa. Ag Hall show is the second best in Pennsylvania for the good stuff, right behind the Allentown show. Literally hundreds of antique Winchesters, Marlins, Colts, S&W's, and even a few OM Rugers. If this show is anything like the Allentown show two weeks ago, lots of never seen before leverguns will out of the woodwork and on to the tables.

Barring an ice storm or nasty roads, I should be there by 8:15. I am supposed to meet our very own Mike Johnson there. Noah, Bluehawk, you boys coming?

I can almost visualize an '86 in 50-100-450 following me home. :D ( I've been visualizing that for over 30 years)----------Sixgun
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Bluehawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bluehawk »

IF the show is Sunday also I MAY bre able to IM alreaddy committed for the whole day saturday ,this week .
I'd LOVE to go .
If its gong to Sunday let me know and give me the address and I will try to get out there early sunday .
The right way is always the hardest. It's like the law of nature , water always takes the path of least resistence...... That's why we get crooked rivers and crooked men . TR Theodore the Great
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Bluehawk wrote:IF the show is Sunday also I MAY bre able to IM alreaddy committed for the whole day saturday ,this week .
I'd LOVE to go .
If its gong to Sunday let me know and give me the address and I will try to get out there early sunday .
Danny,
I don't know the address. I'm not that high up on the educational ladder yet. I just drive on down Rt 30 West for about 50 miles and when I pass the city limits, I follow the signs to the Gunshow/Agriculture Hall. Its less than a mile off Rt. 30. And yes, its open Sunday also and if the roads are bad tomorrow, I'll go Sunday.---------Sixgun

Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Re: York Pa. Gunshow------Be There!!

Post by Noah Zark »

Sixgun wrote: . . . Barring an ice storm or nasty roads, I should be there by 8:15. I am supposed to meet our very own Mike Johnson there. Noah, Bluehawk, you boys coming?
Sixgun, you jinxed it. We have 5" of snow as of 0945 Friday and counting, with more snow and sleet on the way today. It's not supposed to stop until 0100 Saturday. Roads up here north of I-80 will be tragic, and York's a 3.5 hr one way trip in the best of weather. Sat's my only day of opportunity; church and social obligations on Sunday conspire against me. Have fun!

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

Hey sixgun here is the info. web site.
Don't forget to print off the $1.00 discount slip.

http://newsite.appalachianpromotions.co ... x?tabid=58

Where are you and Mike meeting up?
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Re: York Pa. Gunshow------Be There!!

Post by Sixgun »

Noah Zark wrote:
Sixgun, you jinxed it. We have 5" of snow as of 0945 Friday and counting, with more snow and sleet on the way today. It's not supposed to stop until 0100 Saturday. Roads up here north of I-80 will be tragic, and York's a 3.5 hr one way trip in the best of weather. Sat's my only day of opportunity; church and social obligations on Sunday conspire against me. Have fun!

Good! Now that I have eliminated 2 possible competitors for old Winchesters, I gotta figure how to keep my buddy Gary from going. :D This guy always has a wad of c-notes big enough to choke a whale on him. :D
Ha! For real, Noah and Bluehawk---we will catch up at another show. I hate driving in the snow and no gunshow is worth the aggravation of getting slammed by some illegal with no car insurance like my nephew had happen to him last year. (on top of that, the illegal sued him---and won!)-------Sixgun

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

casastahle wrote:Hey sixgun here is the info. web site.
Don't forget to print off the $1.00 discount slip.

http://newsite.appalachianpromotions.co ... x?tabid=58

Where are you and Mike meeting up?
Ooooooooo, another competitor for old leverguns :D (you better stay home) :D

Casastahle, Mike and I are metting at the door before the show opens up. I'm not sure if he is staying or not. He wants this 45-70 mould I have. I'll be wearing a black cowboy hat, so come over to bs.--------------------Thanx for the link!!!! See 'ya tomorrow?---------Sixgun

cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

LOL sixgun,

You need not worry about any lever competition from me.
All my spare change has been disappearing into this Colt SAA
addiction I have recently developed.
I pick up my latest Colt acquisition this evening. :wink:
Noah Zark
Senior Levergunner

Post by Noah Zark »

Sixgun, you have no competition from me for old Winchesters. The only definite item on my lever action radar screen is a Marlin 1894CB in 357 Magnum.

Actually, the York show was going to be more of a "sell" than a "buy" trip.

I've been skunked out of four shows the past five weeks due ot weather. Guess I'm not supposed to sell these things.

Have fun, and be careful driving!

Noah
Might as well face it, you're addicted to guns . . .
Bluehawk
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bluehawk »

I iwlltry to get out there on SUnday ,Jack . Depends on the weather ,now sitllsnowing here in Warminster as I type but seems to be tapering off to a misty freezing rain . Should be a NICE GLAZE of ice there in a few minutes . I'll take my time getting h9oime frpom work today .
NOah Like you I have a few I want to sell . Thats my main reason for going. BUT if I can sell then I WILL buy I like it when I walk into a show carrying something and walk out carrying somethg different :D
I have a nice Civil WAr Starr Carbine to sell or barter. Plus a few other little items im looking to unload .
I hope I can make it on Sunday
The right way is always the hardest. It's like the law of nature , water always takes the path of least resistence...... That's why we get crooked rivers and crooked men . TR Theodore the Great
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

yeah, sixgun, where are we going to meet? I figure I will go to the main entrance, what time did we say? No competition from me unless there is something there I just can't live without but I am planning on looking , not buying.

See you tomorrow.

mike
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Mike, see you near the front entrance. I hope to be there by 8:15-8:30. No competition from me either :D as I seldom get my guns from gunshows. Most come through word of mouth. I usually go to the shows for fun, bs'n, old sights, brass, etc.--------------Sixgun

AndyM
Levergunner 3.0

Post by AndyM »

I'll be there also. I am not sure which day yet - depends on my family obligations and if my father in-law wants to come also. I only live about 20 minutes away - so no big deal. I think I am going in as more of a look - rather than a buy. I have been saving up for some type of Sharps 1874. If one would happen to be there - maybe I would transform into buy mode - but I'll be walking into the show to relax, walk, and look - a break from the normal routine of work and family.

We were there last year and almost had my father in-law talked into buying a good condition used Navy Arms henry in 44-40. I think it was priced somewhere around $800 - but he passed on it.... I walked out with a new Winchester book to read... This year it will probably be some type of Sharps book...
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Sixgun, I was there this am, didn't see you. I waited till 0930, then went west to pick up my Rohrbaugh pocket 9mm. Sorry I missed you. I will forward funds to you for the mould. Sorry we missed each other. Thought for sure that I would see a black cowboy hat but didn't Take care
Mike Johnson,

"Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

rjohns94 wrote:Sixgun, I was there this am, didn't see you. I waited till 0930, then went west to pick up my Rohrbaugh pocket 9mm. Sorry I missed you. I will forward funds to you for the mould. Sorry we missed each other. Thought for sure that I would see a black cowboy hat but didn't Take care
Mike, I was there and waiting for someone to tap me on the shoulder. I was waiting in the lobby by 8:30. I was standing close to the front door. PM or e-mail with your address and I'll get the mould out to you Monday.-------------Sixgun

cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

LOL :lol: come on guys, that's what cell phones were made for.
My wife and I use them all the time in this kind of situation.
Example: we start out together in Bass Pro, within 5 min.
I’m in the gun room she is at the other end of the mall in
Macy’s. :wink:
cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

rjohns94 wrote:Sixgun, I was there this am, didn't see you. I waited till 0930, then went west to pick up my Rohrbaugh pocket 9mm. Sorry I missed you. I will forward funds to you for the mould. Sorry we missed each other. Thought for sure that I would see a black cowboy hat but didn't Take care
Hey Mike when you get a chance, how about a gun report
on that little Rohrbaugh. Those are slick lookin little pocket guns.

Mike :)
rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

Jack, I was just inside, in line, about 20 people or so from the front of the line. Had I had your cell, I would have called. Was thinking you might have called me. I didn't have your # to call. Shame really, I would have loved to have met you . I will get my check out to you on monday.

Mike, I will post a report on it. I can tell you after a day of carrying it in the nemesis holster in my back pocket, I have already stopped noticiing it is there. This may just replace my j-frame as my always on me gun. I will go shoot it today and put a couple hundred rounds through it. If it feeds and shoots, it will earn the job!!! I picked it up with 5 mags and 5 spring kits. Enough for a small battle. 7 shots ought to be enough as the experts say but one extra mag will have to be enough.

Speaking of range reports, how about one on your new Colts?!

Jack, good luck with your new lever gun too. I saw some there that could have really tempted me if I hadn't worked so hard to reduce the herd.
Mike Johnson,

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Mike, I feel terrible now. I too, was about 20 people from the front of the line. We were probably standing next to each other! There was a guy in front of me selling a Garand. Myself and the guy I was with were talking load and laughing!-------Hey, Email your address and I'll get it out tomorrow. Keep the same price as if we were going to meet. $30-------------------Jack

rjohns94
Advanced Levergunner

Post by rjohns94 »

he was the guy right in back of me. he wanted 650 for and I almost bought it!!
Mike Johnson,

cshold
Advanced Levergunner

Post by cshold »

rjohns94 wrote:Jack, I was just inside, in line, about 20 people or so from the front of the line. Had I had your cell, I would have called. Was thinking you might have called me. I didn't have your # to call. Shame really, I would have loved to have met you . I will get my check out to you on monday.

Mike, I will post a report on it. I can tell you after a day of carrying it in the nemesis holster in my back pocket, I have already stopped noticiing it is there. This may just replace my j-frame as my always on me gun. I will go shoot it today and put a couple hundred rounds through it. If it feeds and shoots, it will earn the job!!! I picked it up with 5 mags and 5 spring kits. Enough for a small battle. 7 shots ought to be enough as the experts say but one extra mag will have to be enough.

Speaking of range reports, how about one on your new Colts?!

Jack, good luck with your new lever gun too. I saw some there that could have really tempted me if I hadn't worked so hard to reduce the herd.

I indeed plan to do a range report on the little pony's just soon as the weather gets to were my hands aren't numb within 5 min. at the range. :)